Help Needed Wth Exhaust

djextreme

• Member For: 14y 10m 25d

hey guys

I got bored wth the standard exhaust on my sedan again!

so I relplaced the centre muffler wth a bolt in straight pipes section. but it doesnt sound as loud or as good as it did when I had it on the car about a year ago!

mayb the rear muffler has fallen to bits

now I had a redback catback system on it a lil while ago but I didnt like it , it seemed to drone at hwy speeds.

as my exhaust is atm, its hanging to low in the middle, and the exhaust tip is angled to the right hand side(crappy factory tip) so these need to be fix!

so to get this fixed up is gonna cost me a lil bit!

I would like my exhaust to b a bit louder, wth a more sportier note

I still hve the redback system wth some nice 3" tips, if I replaced the factory rear muffler with this one do u think it will sound any better?

or should I just get a new cat back system, from what ive read the xforce twin 2.5" catback seems to b a good option, which I could fit myself, wth the option to get a dump, cat n tune in 6 - 12 months time

pls help

thanks

• Member For: 12y 8m 2d

ive got a xforce cat back and if u think your fittin it your self hope u have a hoist or sumptin high handy it has to go in on a mad angle to go over the diff cost me $60 bucks to get fitted pretty happy with sound but im not after anything too loud. you should just buy full system straight up hiflow cat and dump as stock are pretty restrictive

• Member For: 14y 10m 25d

Thanks mate

Yeah I been thinkin I prob shouldn't go any louder as I Park in A shared underground carpark,

I just won't a nice exhaust note that's noticeably different to a stock system, how much did u pay for your catback????

• Member For: 12y 8m 2d

not sure how much it was as it was part of a package I bought with some other goodies just shop around and do your home work. im now saving for the front half, I wish I just got it all at once after having my car tuned and getting told my stock dump and cat are holding me back