Fg Na To Turbo Conversion

calfpv

• Member For: 12y 11m 19d

Hey guys have just finished my Na to turbo conversion on my 2011 fg xr6 ute which was well worth it .

I started watching turbos and parts for the fg to do a standard conversion with all factory parts,which I later found harder to find than what I thought it would be.

I looked around wrecked fg turbos but no one wanted to split the engines as rather sell them as a full motor.

Parts:

I found a factory intercooler and pipes on Ebay for $200

then sprayed them black to be stealth and hidden,

then got a factory fg f6 typhoon turbo and 3and a half inch dump with a 1 inch waste gate plumbed back into the exhaust and 3.5 inch inch Herrod cat for $1000.

I finally tracked down the inlet manifold, throttle body and exhaust manifold which came with turbo injectors, heat shields and fuel rail for $1000.

went to auto barn and bought a FPR for $120.

Turbo Plugs NGK Iridium for $100

Heat wrap for $100.

Sent it to the mechanic in Mcloud (TTP Automotive) (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylors-Turbo-Performance-Automotive/150621991675638) where they had it for a few days, while they tapped the oil drain, water lines and oil feed and plumbed everything up. has had basic tune running now. running no blow off valve for that dose sound :)

Power is great and very responsive/crisp breaks traction with traction control on in most gears (: and it hasn't had full tune yet!! so very happy with there work.the car is booked in on the 26th to get new exhaust and full tune and some more boost. engine bay looks almost factory except the rocker cover isn't red . very pleased with how it turned out. will be good to see what its like after the full tune etc . would like to thank all the mechanics at TTP who worked on the car.

rest of the pictures will be up tomorrow (:

thanks

callum

post-45756-0-26069000-1315571086_thumb.j

post-45756-0-80850300-1315571100_thumb.j

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

That herrod gear was on ebay for ages, thought it must of been buggered but obviously not. Good workspoton.gif

• Member For: 12y 11m 19d

yeh all stock internals stock box and diff.. diff is going to be a new tight lsd but all stock is good enough. havnt touched the electrics at all like every one says but the check engine light stays on haha not to worry though. has been flashed with my mechanics micro computer and every thing was tuned . and yeh utes are still better haha

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 10d

Did you replace the computer or hook up a boost control solenoid ?