Knocking Sound

Ciaran

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 26d

Hey guys

So when I sit in the drivers seat, I hear a knock, It's more of a squeak knock though if you know what I mean.

I also get it when I drive over bumps in the road, it's not all bumps though, usually the lighter ones (like when the road goes from tarmac to brick then back to tarmac).

What do you guys think is most likely the cause of it?

06 BF XR6T Sedan

Cheers

Edited by kron

• Italian Stig!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 1d

you maybe got same problem as me only happens sometimes I got 06 bf turbo as well most likely it be rear bushes !! im hopefully soon changing mine to Nolathane better material to use these days and more suited big power! when shifting gears and most common in the fords range as well!

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members

Yeah my rear diff bush is cracked, but I wasn't sure if that was what it was since it happens just when I sit in it. Thought it might have been a suspension issue or something.

Quite possibly just that

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 2m 16d

Mine are replaced but I done the front and rear bushes with polly urathane but at the same time I replaced the shocks with adjustable coils the noise has stopped but the biggest thing I dont undrstand is how can you crack the tailshaft rubber housing with a stock car

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

As mentioned via PM mate, the Diff bushes wont creak when you sit in the car. The creak is more likely a swaybar bush or front control arm bush.

The diff moves with the body so any noise from movement in the body when you sit in it will be cause by the suspension moving not the diff. Diff bushes will clunk and knock as you roll on and off the throttle and on gear changes

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members

Yeah hopefully it's not too expensive to fix but as I said I'm looking at upgrading my whole suspension too a bit later.

When I get my diff bushes replaced they're replacing the front control arm bush too so it may just solve it there.

Will definitely get you to look at it though before I go nuts with my cash though :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members

Had the SuperPro's installed and they're great, still got the knock though.

Got the car booked in for the Sports Ryder XA Coilovers on Saturday.. $2k fitted with wheel alignment (a given).

Asked a few Pedders stores and got different pricing, 2k was the best one I got.

This should transform the car hopefully, then I can start on power mods lol (still haven't purchased an xcal3 for a tune yet)

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members

Still got the knocking/squeak sound :(

Only other thing I can think of is the Sway bars/sway bar links but they look fine.

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Edited by kron