8.48@165Mph - Theres A New Leader

IceMyButt

• Link
  • Member For: 19y 10m 22d

Massive effort there Phil, congrats again man. Heard the news this arvo from another TRP customer who was at the track. You certainly deserve your time in the limelight I know its been a your goal to go #1 for a while now. The bar has now been set might be time to see if we can chase it :buttonit:

Thanks Mark!

Marcy said he was gunna ring you and gee you up a bit. :innocent:

How good is his form, second pass in the corolla and he goes from a 25 on his first run to peeling off a 7.8. Outstanding.

Yeah - it has been a goal for ages it seems, and it really was you running that 9.40 a little while back that really got me focussed. Its just heaps cool to have a few quick XR6T's up here in Sydney.

I wont be getting too carried away - running a quick time just makes everyone that bit keener to go one better - but I sure will take it for today.

• Link

I spose the question that hasnt been asked but how much power???

Yeah - its a good question and probably not one that's gunna get answered just yet...... :blush: we gotta have some secrets and there is plenty of competition out there.

I can say that we are running about 38 pounds of boost at the moment to get there.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 30d

it just doesn't get too much better.

WOOHOO!!

Time for a beer!

Yes, yes and yes, what more can you say.

Thoroughly well deserved.

Brian

• Link

Wow ... well done Phil and to the boys at TRP.

I cannot imagine what the ride would be like in a taxi going that fast!!

Yes, yes and yes, what more can you say.

Thoroughly well deserved.

Brian

Thanks John and Brian. Much appreciated.

Its been an awesome day!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 13d

Yeah - its a good question and probably not one that's gunna get answered just yet...... :blush: we gotta have some secrets and there is plenty of competition out there.

I can say that we are running about 38 pounds of boost at the moment to get there.

That gives us a fairly good idea anyway, its suppling awesome topend so everything is obviously working as it should, good stuff & hope ya only improve from here!!!

• Link

Yeah - figured it would :omg:

Everything seems to be coming together. A properly set up 4-link was such a good investment for racing - but there is so many bits and pieces that have been critical to getting here. The dry sump and one serious radiator have been essential in trying to keep the motor safe.

Its taken us a bit to get the gearing and tyre combo right. We may be able to improve in this area to get a bit more top end.

Also the launches are coming on nicely, but also some room for improvement - 1.34 on this pass. If we can get down into the 1.2's we can pick up some more time. All in all it is not bad from a taxi :P

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 2d

WOW, that is really moving.. To think how heavy these things are also and still managed to get those sorts of times.. Great work to all involved..