In The Club

Bomber

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 5d
Well, I think the Haltech Elite 1500 won't be getting the nod. Found out yesterday you've got to run a few plugs ins to make it work - particularly if wanting to run Ford coils. It starts to get real expensive.

So, I'll go with the factory ECU with PATS disabled. You can still run the IQ3S dash via the OB2 port so all good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Why the latest model pcm?

De-burred and ready for the -10 fittings to get welded on then off to the powercoaters   

Rocker Cover.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Being a Plumber, I'm going to have a crack at fabricating the cooler pipes myself then get them welded up.    

Running eboost also means I can delete the factory boost sensor which will make the cold side pipe pretty simple. I'm running 63mm tube so will run a stepped down 90 degree silicon elbow straight off the FG throttle body. A turbosmart vee port pro will be attached probably just after the pipe passes through the inner guard. I was hoping to hide it behind the front bar but I don't have the height.  In front of the wheel behind the inner guard can be done, but I don't really like the idea of it being there. It's not like the thing will be out in the rain but I'd rather keep it in the engine bay.

From there, it will go back up to BPR fabrication for the custom 4" dump and waste gate plumbing.  After that, the plan is to paint the bay then fit the engine and assemble what I can. In a perfect world, I'd like to have it running before painting the rest of the car but I don't know if that's viable given the amount of wiring required - see how we go.                                                    

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Ok, turbo decision time. Was keen on a gen1 GTX3582r but garrett are playing silly buggers with supercore prices. Can get a MTA 750X for under $1500 or, MTQ can build me a 66mm jobbie with a genuine garrett CHRA, anti-surge comp cover ect for same money basically. Keep in mind, I have vbanded 1.01 hi mounted goodness cranking it with 50mm pro gate bleeding off.  400rwkw remains the goal. My preference is still the gen1 GTX but I'm not paying 2k for the superceded model. 

Thoughts on the 66mm jobbie?

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 12d

Ill let you know how I go Mick,

I Plan on going over to the 66mm Mamba gtx3584r, For the price its hard to pass it up

How much do garrett want?

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 20d
13 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Ok, turbo decision time. Was keen on a gen1 GTX3582r but garrett are playing silly buggers with supercore prices. Can get a MTA 750X for under $1500 or, MTQ can build me a 66mm jobbie with a genuine garrett CHRA, anti-surge comp cover ect for same money basically. Keep in mind, I have vbanded 1.01 hi mounted goodness cranking it with 50mm pro gate bleeding off.  400rwkw remains the goal. My preference is still the gen1 GTX but I'm not paying 2k for the superceded model. 

Thoughts on the 66mm jobbie?

V- band rear. Has to be borg warner. If starting from scratch. 

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1