Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• I Lead Not Follow...
  • Member For: 11y 11m 8d

hey buds,my mate bought a 2010 manual XR6T and that too is a lemon...lucky its under warranty still but he has been through x2 sets of diff bushes,brand new diff(still leaking),brand new diff cradle,new tailshaft,new brake calipers??,new struts,new thermostat housing(still leaking) and now the latest as of tonight,the VVT sh#$ itself..looks like a brand new engine replacment under warranty I think...

My question is does this only seem to happen on the xr6t etc or are these symptoms heard on fpv's??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 10m 2d

Have any of you guys experienced a Clunk on take off? Ussually under harder than normal braking?

I'm thinking is something in the rear brakes locking up and not disengaging to do with ABS etc?

You can feel it in the rear and across the entire chassis as you take off, a single clunk.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 4m 3d

manual XR6T... and now the latest as of tonight,the VVT sh#$ itself..looks like a brand new engine replacment under warranty I think..

VVT= variable valve timing?

what symptoms did this show?

mines just died, and is currently with ford, but would like to have an idea what was wrong, what got repaired/replaced etc...

any info on this one?

• Member For: 11y 11m 12d

Did they fix the Diff bushes in later models like 2010 or 2011 or do they still have the same problem and have a short life?

Steph that's very interesting about the clunking when you let off the Accelerator, my car at 9000km does the same thing.

But everybody says it's just how FG's behave?

So does your car totally not clunk at all now after the diff input bush has been replaced?

It's weird how everybody has the same problem I mean would the diff input bush be bad on every single even new FG?

The clunking just got worst over time. With the replaced bush, it is now a lot smoother.

I think it is better in some cars than others. They probably only replaced it because they had to replace the Diff seals anyway.

• Member For: 11y 11m 12d

2011 FG update XR6T auto. Now has 43000kms.

Car pulls left even after 3 attempts by dealer to realign and balance wheels.

The dealer has had 2 attempts at the wheel alignment to no resolve. They said, it could be the tyres have worn unevenly! So I waited until I needed to replace the tyres. I just replaced 4 new tyres at 44,000kms. Got this done at Beaurepairs who carried out an independent wheel alignment to factory specs. The car still pulled left. I took it back to Beaurepairs and they rechecked the alignment and said that the alignment was still 100% spot on.

at 45000kms I decided to take it back to my dealer to look at the problem.

They said that the Camber appears to be out (excessive negative camber on the left front wheel) and It would cost $300 to get some shims and adjust the camber.

When I asked what would cause camber to go out of alignment, they said could be bad roads.

It sounded suss, and spoke to Pedders. They said that the FG camber is fixed at factory and cannot be changed or adjusted, It is either out from the get go or it is good. For a pot hole to cause this, you would have more than the camber out, you would have buckled wheels + bent control arms or other damaged parts.

Now have to take the fight to ford to get this chaged under warranty, The dealer is saying that I needed to report this problem within the first 3000kms for it to be under warranty.

Ding ding!! Round 1

Anyone know about camber being out on FG's?