Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 11d

Since I bought my lemon XR6T ute I have had ZF Auto trans replaced after 15,000, temperature sensor replaced, drivers side seat base replaced, muffler replaced, blown relay for rear brake lights replaced, rear passanger lamp has condensation inside - pending, air con leak inside cab - fixed, tail gate pins rusted and paint has peeled off - pending, both bolts have snapped inside the chasis that hold gas struts up for ute lid/cover, I have problems my gear box again I have booked in, diff is a clunky heap off ........, I think there's more but I'm starting to lose track of all of the defects. Hang on, coolant leak somewhere in the system was fixed and the spare tyre whinch has seezed, I've been waiting for a replacament part for 3 months. However most of the issues are resovled.

I'm embarressed to write this respone. If only the management at Ford had pride in the blue oval. The disgarce is, probably for only a few dollars per part they and we could have the best car in it's class. Also the other problem is the car reaks of MSG, if you know what I mean. They say the Falcon is over 80% Aussie made, the last true aussie made car. Load of sh.... They source their parts from Aussie companies who have the parts made over seas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 10m

Mine was a June 08 build so one of the early ones. Only issues experienced were intermittent iPod connectivity issues, fuel gauge needed to be recalibrated and outside temp sensor went haywire.

Otherwise very happy with it for almost 4 years. Traded it yesterday for a FG Mk11 Turbo.

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 5m

I bought my 09 fg ute today and already I can hear a slight whine sound when I let off the accelerator(sounds like diff whine but its coming from rear passenger side)... I am under warranty so its not too much of a concern but it is a pain in the ass... anyone else had this problem and what did it end up being.. ?????

also brakes seem squeaky ... seems like I just bought a taxi!!! :S

hope I didn't get a lemon!

Edited by ride@home

• Member For: 12y 1m 28d

Anyone ever had a drama with the car not starting? Mine is a manual and just now had to be towed as it would not start, screen showing a fault, "transmission not in Park" It is a manual, then flasshing up on the screen was "Car Immobilised"

Flat battery. was cleaning mine with the stereo cranked I also forgot I had it parked in the shade with the lights on auto needless to say my batt went flat, had the exact same prob freaked out until I jump started it and all the codes disappeared.

• Member For: 11y 11m 12d

2011 FG update XR6T auto. Now has 43000kms.

Brake shudder & squealing- discs machined @15,000kms

Windscreen wiper motor replaced@ 30,000kms

Idler pulley replaced @ 40,000kms

Diff oil seal leak at 20,000kms, seals redone.

Diff oil seal leak at 43,000kms, seals redone.

Car pulls left even after 3 attempts by dealer to realign and balance wheels.

After several complaints of shudder and bang from rear end after lifting off throttle. They found

Diff input bush cracked : bush replaced @43,000kms

Now getting some creaks and knocking sounds on left hand front suspension. Dealer needs more time to look at this. Regreased all the joints @ 43,000kms and will investigate later if still there.

Love the car and the performance but certainly would think twice about owning another locally designed/built car.

Needs better brakes for this kind of power.

I think everyone Would have easily paid another few grand for this had it been factory standard.

• Member For: 11y 10m 1d

Did they fix the Diff bushes in later models like 2010 or 2011 or do they still have the same problem and have a short life?

Steph that's very interesting about the clunking when you let off the Accelerator, my car at 9000km does the same thing.

But everybody says it's just how FG's behave?

So does your car totally not clunk at all now after the diff input bush has been replaced?

It's weird how everybody has the same problem I mean would the diff input bush be bad on every single even new FG?

Edited by Z2TT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

2011 FG update XR6T auto. Now has 43000kms.

Brake shudder & squealing- discs machined @15,000kms

Windscreen wiper motor replaced@ 30,000kms

Idler pulley replaced @ 40,000kms

Diff oil seal leak at 20,000kms, seals redone.

Diff oil seal leak at 43,000kms, seals redone.

Car pulls left even after 3 attempts by dealer to realign and balance wheels.

After several complaints of shudder and bang from rear end after lifting off throttle. They found

Diff input bush cracked : bush replaced @43,000kms

Now getting some creaks and knocking sounds on left hand front suspension. Dealer needs more time to look at this. Regreased all the joints @ 43,000kms and will investigate later if still there.

Love the car and the performance but certainly would think twice about owning another locally designed/built car.

Needs better brakes for this kind of power.

I think everyone Would have easily paid another few grand for this had it been factory standard.

Your car's not yellow by any chance? Because sounds like a lemon

• Member For: 11y 10m 1d

Wow so early for a diff bush, knowing my ford dealer will probably let things like that slip,

anyway to check myself or know how it will feel like when driving?

I thought that it was just the way the Auto FG's behaved with that clunk when you lift the accelerator after heavy acceleration?

Or is the diff bush cracked?

Cheers.