Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 4d

I only just replaced my stock ford battery the other week, only because my ute sat there for almost a month not being drivin. And it died. So 2009 build and replaced battery mid 2013. Pretty good if you ask me!

Hey guys just bought a 09 XR6T Ute got it home and noticed a knock in the arse when changing gears feels like there is heaps of back lash in the drive line somewhere. Also when braking when going slowly sounds like a grinding noise kinda like the discs are out of round also the biggest thing changing from first to second gear just normally so like at 2-2.5 grand it crunches kinda into gear. Really alloying oh and the fog lights both are milky.

I'm not too good with noises coming from a manual ute, seems odd.

Maybe get discs machined if needed.

Dunno about the grinding noise.

As with the foggies, mine went milky,too, got it replaced under warranty, they accused me of putting blue globes in it, I did persist to get it replaced as the service guys car had the same problem, I laughed in his face when I showed him, and he still accused me of putting blue globes in. End of the day I wouldn't have bothered replacing them, not worth the hassle. 3 months of fighting over fog lights.

Just my2cents

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 7d

Thanks for the battery tips.

Ford reset the brake switches and all good so far.

The oil leak was a different story. They resealed the sump / timing cover, took them 2 days.

Then they told me the oil on the diff was not oil and was melted greese! WTF!!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 9d

Freaky that's very impressive to get that long from the stock battery I have had 3 new Fords and non of the stock battery's have lasted 2 years.

Do you generally have a long drive to work ?

I only have done with theses cars 20 km trips to and from during the week.

I must say I have never checked the battery's or done any water check up with them?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 8d

Update, I had all my little issues sorted out at my first 15k service, however that was done at 10k (I just couldn't wait till 15k for it) and then had a diff bush replaced last week at ~16k which I can only assume was due to the amount of axle tramp it was getting.

Good news though it managed a 12.94 backed up by 12.97 second 1/4 mile stock (6 speed manual) before the bush was replaced so now that's off my chest I can just drive & enjoy the thing now lol

Couldn't be happier!

cheers

• Member For: 10y 7m 16d

Hey guys just bought a 09 XR6T Ute got it home and noticed a knock in the arse when changing gears feels like there is heaps of back lash in the drive line somewhere. Also when braking when going slowly sounds like a grinding noise kinda like the discs are out of round also the biggest thing changing from first to second gear just normally so like at 2-2.5 grand it crunches kinda into gear. Really alloying oh and the fog lights both are milky.

Ive got a '12 xr6t ute, manual. Have the exact same knock changing from 1st to 2nd. And same "kinda" crunching into 2nd. I just make sure my changes aren't sloppy and it's no big deal atm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 10m 2d

Agree 100% on the buying Low KM's and try to get something that has not been passed around too many different owners.

These cars just get modified all to commonly so you got to be careful.

Consider this - Buying an 08 FG Xr6T with 190,000km for 20k, having to replace the Turbo, Transmission, Bushes

and whatever else that will go wrong by then and still have it be a high KM Car, at that point your asking yourself do I own a FG falcon or a EF Falcon.

Or Spend 10k Extra to get a much lower KM Car so you can actually put some KM's on it yourself and still

have a good car. The condition of all the used FG's I saw at a few dealers was just pretty bad considering the

price you pay. I settled to get something that's done 9000km and it felt, drove and looked like new for the price of a

second hand car with warranty.

If your buying something that's done high KM's and is out of warranty be sure to scrutineer it well, check for signs of accidents, give the car a good long drive and check for oil leaks after driving incase they have steam cleaned the engine bay.

Edited by Z2TT

• 2 weeks later...