Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• Member For: 5y 2m 12d

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a thread about the crusty ass o-rings that fail on the heater to water pump hose on the 4.0. Mine let go and I've seen a few things mentioned but not much for the fg. Specifically the f6. Assuming it's the same as a normal xr6t but I've seen varying methods with different degrees of difficulty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 years later...
  • Member For: 4m 16d

For Ford FG models, the timing cover issue you mentioned is notable, where incorrect bolts cause oil leaks. Ensure a thorough inspection of this and consider using appropriately sized bolts. Additionally, check for transmission shudder, a known problem in some FG models; addressing it under warranty may involve a transmission fluid flush or torque converter replacement. Keep an eye on power steering pump failures, and be vigilant for any signs of suspension wear, particularly with the front suspension bushes. Regular maintenance, such as checking the cooling system and addressing any electronic glitches promptly, will contribute to a reliable and hassle-free ownership experience.