Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• Member For: 10y 9m 22d

will I need to return it to stock to take it to another tuner? Cant take it as is and just get him to start the tune again?

I assume I'll need to put back on the stock injectors so the engine doesn't flood, everything else should be fine?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

The new tuner will have to start with a new tune anyway, as there's no way they'd touch your broken tune in an attempt to fix it.

The point is - you gave the current tuner the car in a working state. You paid for modifications and you got it back in a non-working state.

Either the tuner must provide the car in a working state WITH the modifications you purchased or they must give it back to you in the state before the upgrades (stock or whatever state that was) with a reasonable refund.

You can keep giving him chances to fix it, if you want... from the evidence here, you should be getting a refund and taking your business elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 2m 5d

Just bought a second hand 2012 MK2 Xr6 Turbo Auto Sedan... has a couple of months factory warranty so wanted to check some potential issues with you guys:

1. Typical Diff clunk only after coming off full throttle (I read a new car review and the reviewer said this was normal!) so not too worried about that.

2. When cold, If you ease on the throttle the car wont move until you hit certain revs then it surges... only for the first corner really then it is ok after that... am I wrong to assume this just cold it is cold?!?! Or is this the start of a potential transmission issue that I am unaware of. Its a tiny bit rough at cold start but goes away really quickly as well.

3. radio reception cuts in and out from mono to stereo all the time. Will Ford do anything about this?

Other than that the car drives like a dream! Super smooth even with factory 19s on it. I noticed the automatic seems adaptive (I.e. if you are giving it some it holds the gear for a bit, instead of just changing straight to 6th when you are off throttle - unless this is an issue haha)

Cheers guys

• Member For: 8y 9m 14d

Hi,

I have a XR6 Turbo ute Manual 2013. is anyone familiar with or experienced a clunk everytime you change gear. Sounds like tail shaft or diff. It really gives me the Sh///ts.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

Every gear ? down shifting only? Low speed ?

These things are renowned for diff clunk for over a decade.

Unless really severe it comes stock with car. Easiest way learn to drive around it

• Member For: 8y 9m 14d

Shifting up and having to backoff and shifting down it clunks. Only time it does'nt is when I give it a boot full. Quick way to do the licence.

• Member For: 10y 4m 6d

I cop the diff clunk too, or at least that's what I think it is, car has been to ford on 2 separate occasions for them to look at. When I picked it up after the 2nd time they said it was fine and by the way we have suspended your warranty do to suspension and turbo side intake. Didn't really bother me as it was getting tuned the next day. But then was at heasmans for a week and they had the whole rear end apart and couldn't find anything either so I am happy to say that it is normal! Very very annoying though, mines the worst when taking up load in 1st on a slow take off, clunks when clutch is about half way out and then clunks again when clutch is halfway-fully out on a slow 1st to 2nd change, other gears does very occasionally but not often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk