Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• Member For: 11y 3m 18d

Mine has cracked and come off the base. I just put it down to my fat ass. Lol

The previous owner must have been a big guy and wore it out! Because I'm not a heavy guy at all! The car had only been driven for 8000kms. And only 2000kms since I purchased, I wouldn't expect the part of the seat to fall apart at all and at least so soon..

Can it be fixed under warranty? I definitely see it as a design fault

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 16d

ok so I have a 2008 fg,5spd auto.it wont start in neutral and unless I have my foot on the brake it wont start in park either.it was fine then one day I came home went to go back out and nothing.racv had it at the workshop,couldnt work it out.then gave it one more try and it started.still wont tart in neutral and need the foot on the brake .also today my aircon just started blowing out super hot air.was working great,icy cold then it was like havig the heater on flat out.going into the dealer to get diagnostics,would like to have some ideas to suggest before they charge me my life savings.anyone else had these issues.the battery is as new.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 10m 2d

A/C Is known to play up and apparently blend hotter air from the heater sometimes when it's not supposed to, Software update apparently fixed some little bugs like this, and faulty outside ambient temp sensor can confuse the Climate Control Unit.
Other than that FG"s Generally don't perform as well as BA's and BF's when they are running right, especially in hotter days...

Clunk when taking off I only notice after hard braking after ABS has kicked in, if it does it when your only pulling up I'd get it looked at.

Rough Idle all FG Turbos seem to do it, apparently it can be tuned to run smoother.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

Rough Idle all FG Turbos seem to do it, apparently it can be tuned to run smoother.

That's horsesh*t. A few have complained about it but mine was perfect, you wouldn't even know that the engine was running on idle it was that smooth, and any FGs that I've been in were the same.

On the same token I have no idea what you mean by not performing as well either. The only downside of the FG is at the top end at licence-losing speeds given the smaller turbo on the non-FPV FGs, but off the line and in everyday driving they are worlds apart.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

+1

Mine only idled a little bit rougher when you flogged the chit out of it through 1st and second and had to stop suddenly for traffic lights.

• Member For: 13y 1m 27d

2008 FG/T

2 Faults. (Now @ 45,000km)

- Diff bushes. Replaced under warranty during service but found oil leaking all over my tiled garage floor some days later as the ford mechanic didn't tighten the engine sump plug up fully. It stained all the grouting - I wasn't happy. Checking oil level it didn't look that bad so I topped it up and went back to ford and told them to do their job properly and walked out.

- Aircon sensor, replaced under warranty in late 2009. Now sensor has gone again 3 years later but now out of warranty, so not sure if to have repaired again due to failure rate, & cost.

Other than that, it's a great car :sungum:

• 2 weeks later...
  • To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I recently got my diff replaced under warranty as it was whining like an old hag.

While doing the diff, I got them to upgrade my Diff bushes to Nolathane bushes for all 3 of them.

Only complaint I have now is that the Dunlop sport Maxx tires did not last longer than 23,000km.