Bf Mk1 Manual 348.8Rwkw

Kroozin

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 7d

Got the car tuned on Saturday.

I asked for a conservative tune to preserve the bottom end for now until the bottom end gets rebuilt when I can afford it.

Very happy with the outcome feels a hell of alot more towy off the line than it did with the prev. tune. :3gears:

I also got that annoying burble takin out too so it has a nice smooth overrun with a tad of burble here and there sounds gr8.

On the 2nd run it pulled 365rwkw on 18psi I was told that its making the power easy which was good to hear..

From there on run after run he was taming it down to 350rwkw which was the level I was happy to play at for now.

Big thanx to BTA motorsports for the tuning and the other things that needed a tidy up. :buttrock:

rLkIJ.jpg

Edited by Dagabond

• Menace
  • Donating Members

Not really sure of how it will go down the track I was having a flick thru the mph vs rwkw thread but its hard to know until I get there. I just need to do the rear diff bush b4 I head out as its pretty shagged.

Before this round of Mods I had 320rwkw and 780Nm at 18psi with a monza, cat, and the some other bits and bobs to support.

It used to still wheel spin in 2nd but I suffered axle tramp regularly.. I havent suffered axle tramp since the tune its smooth as. :3gears:

The most noticable thing is how torquey it is off the line barely have to try at all and its off and away.

Its suprising how different it drives considering its not a heap more power and wat not than the last tune it had from pingtune.

Edited by Kroozin

• Menace
  • Donating Members

Its good under power just goin back to get the hesitation on take off and cruising sorted and wat not seemed like we ran out of time on the saturday arvo so that's far enough

Edited by Kroozin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Menace
  • Donating Members

bit of an update.

Got the bugs sorted out the other day. Left the car with the shop for a couple of days while I drove around in there courtesy car lol.

Got the car back and its running perfect now. Im getting an extra 60kms per tank (420km @ 55L) with the spirited driving here and there.

No hesitation whats so ever now and in 2nd gear at just about any point in the rev range if I nail it just under a second later in most instances and its baggin the tyres. Havent had 1 bit of axle tramp at all just a nice smooth wheelspin keeping an eye on the revs so I dont hit the limiter and f**k the factory oil pump.

The new read out was 353.8kw on a steady 17psi..the car feels awesome now its all done. :buttrock:

The 320kw tune I had from pingtune felt like it went abit doughy after a few days so I'd have to reflash it. This tune feels just as ballsy since I left there over a week ago very happy with it.

Huge thanx to BTA for taking the time to get it all right.

Definately be back with a built bottom end and a plenum some time next year :beerchug: I think if I had the cash I'd be like some of the other fellas on here pushing these things over the 1000hp mark its so bloody addictive.

Cant believe I almost bought a SS crewman instead of the T.. jeezuz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 11m 14d

bit of an update.

Got the bugs sorted out the other day. Left the car with the shop for a couple of days while I drove around in there courtesy car lol.

Got the car back and its running perfect now. Im getting an extra 60kms per tank (420km @ 55L) with the spirited driving here and there.

No hesitation whats so ever now and in 2nd gear at just about any point in the rev range if I nail it just under a second later in most instances and its baggin the tyres. Havent had 1 bit of axle tramp at all just a nice smooth wheelspin keeping an eye on the revs so I dont hit the limiter and f**k the factory oil pump.

The new read out was 353.8kw on a steady 17psi..the car feels awesome now its all done. :buttrock:

The 320kw tune I had from pingtune felt like it went abit doughy after a few days so I'd have to reflash it. This tune feels just as ballsy since I left there over a week ago very happy with it.

Huge thanx to BTA for taking the time to get it all right.

Definately be back with a built bottom end and a plenum some time next year :beerchug: I think if I had the cash I'd be like some of the other fellas on here pushing these things over the 1000hp mark its so bloody addictive.

Cant believe I almost bought a SS crewman instead of the T.. jeezuz

hey mate good to see all is good must catch up some time when a cruize is on.