Fg Xr6T Ute Is A Lemon

jtlemon

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 9m

Hey,

I have the same problem with my May 2009 FG XR6 Ute with 75,000km on the clock. It sounds strong when idleing in 'D' and not in park although the revs are similar.

I had it at Ford last week for the 75k service and they said they couldn't find it, however they "tightened the exhaust". Since then it has been louder. The service manager said if it continues, don't hesitate to bring in back in, which I am doing tomorrow.

From my lack of car knowledge and listening to where it is comming from, it could be a broken baffel which only vibrate at the correct RPM.

I will let you know how I go.

Regards,

Michael.

• Member For: 18y 5m 19d

Mine used to do it really bad. Ford said they couldn't see anything wrong with it so I got the sh*ts and had a look myself one weekend. Fixed it in 10 seconds with a shifter by taking a bit of slack out of the handbrake cable.

My fix is HERE with a pic.

One year on now and the noise is still permanantly gone!!

• Member For: 13y 3m 17d

I have a late 09 ute and no problems whatsoever - the idler pulley I got replaced under warranty cos it was a little noisy but since then it runs fine!

I too have heard of the handbrake cable issue.

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 9d

Joined this forum specifically for this problem. 2008 FG XR6T Ute with 30,000km is chattering my teeth at idle. Same problem as others - severe vibration at low revs, goes away once revs reaches a certain point. CityFord in Sydney advise Ford is aware of the problem and are awaiting a 'fix'.

That has been 12 months. No fix.

Have read the handbrake cables issue here and think I will persue that.

Jtlemon have you had any luck in resolving?

• Member For: 16y 5m 28d

Well guys your not alone I have a 2008 ute (brought 09 with 11k on it) and when living in Adelaide has ford investegate they replaced exhaust but guess what still there.Move to Townsville 2010 went to local dealer here told them could not hear no noise I have traced it back to support bar in the rear mud guard area when I hold it it stops so now I dont worry about it more worried about the thing surging and a noisy diff I think its something to do with the LSD cones but still love it...

• Member For: 13y 7m 21d

08 fg manual ute, also had that vibration noise, as soon as I started modding it went away! Haven't had a problem Since