Fg Xr6T Ute Is A Lemon

jtlemon

• Member For: 13y 3m 11d

Was the proud owner of a 2009 FG XR6t ute. Until the vibrations started. At idle (500rpm) the whole exhaust vibrates through the car. Its horrendous. Its embarresing, and I have to sit with my foot on the gas so that it idles higher or turn up my radio. To give you the extent of the rattle my girlfriend said it gave her a headache the other day.

Ford Australia got back to me and said it ‘was a characteristic of the car’ and that no fix for it had been found. That was 12 months ago, the other day I called the useless people at Sunshine Ford on the Gold Coast and they said the same thing (after ‘Stacey’ only asking another staff member and not calling ford australia like I requested from him. They also said if I get it chipped to idle 250rpm higher it could void the warranty. But this Ford warranty does squat for me anyways? so whats the point? I have been hesitant over buying an Aussie built ford or Expensive Daewoo and as my first experience with one I can say NEVER AGAIN. As an aussie I am embarresed to say that we can’t make cars for sh#t, or honour our warranties. A severe lack of responsibility and integrity from FORD. And SUNSHINE FORD on the GOLD COAST, and STACEY that works there, are equally useless.

I’m going to release a Youtube movie next. WOOP WOOP

If Anyone has the same problem, join my facebook page:

Link removed as it just sends you to your Facebook homepage.

Edited by Dagabond
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 10d

That sucks. I can honestly say that I have only had minor problems with my car and they have all been fixed. I bought the car in emerald and they did a lot of dodgy repairs that were picked up and fixed properly by ford in mackay. Have you contacted the office of fair trading? Surely it can't be too hard to find the problem for something so minor (faulty ecu or sensor?). I know it would annoy the sh*t out of me to be embarrassed driving such a nice car. Hope you get it sorted mate

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 1d

If your not happy with the dealer go direct to ford customer service. There should be a contact number in one of the vehicles handbooks.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 3d

mine has a very slight, and I mean very VERY slight vibration at idle.

hardly enough to bother even going to the dealer about.

might ask autotech about it at my next service, though I suspect when I get it tuned it will probably go away anyway.

this vibration at idle is nowhere near as annoying as the stupid glovebox rattle :icon_ford:

• Member For: 13y 3m 11d

Thanks for your feedback guys. I sent ford australia a nasty email so I will see if they care to get back to me. It started as a slight vibration and now like I said its very embarrasing. I'm not expecting too much back from them unless I can really hold one person accountable, they all like to hide behind the big blue badge where its easy to not take responsibility for any one thing. I guess the funny part is that my real last name is LEMON, not even kidding. I can see the print media articles already......haha

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 22d

Might just be a loose join in the exhaust somewhere? Can't say I've ever heard of it before on an XRT.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 22d

An exhaust vibration doesn't make a car a lemon.

A lemon car is one that continually has many problems. It just never ends.

You have one problem.

I can't imagine the exhaust rattling would be too hard to fix. Sounds like a fitment issue, but surely the dealer would've checked for that?

• Member For: 18y 5m 19d

Just one fault doesn't make it a lemon.

My ute used to do the exact same thing. Ford said there was nothing wrong with it so I got underneath and had a look around and managed to fix it myself in 3 minutes. There's a thread here somewhere about the dreaded rattle and I think I had put pics up of my fix. The rattle/vibration is permanently gone now.

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 28d

Also check the idler pulley and tensioner. Sounds stupid but my vibration has been fixed by replacing those items.