What Problems Have You Had?

Anthony-XR6T

• Member For: 21y 5m 24d

Nothing major to report at 1500 Kms. she has stalled a few times - due to heat and air con I reckoned. And the bonnet catch is falling off. Noted for the first service at 3000K so I'm not pressing the issue here.

Fuel usage is still a concern but it could be dropping slowly.

Also she puffs a little smoke out the exhaust occasionally. No real pattern developing but after she has had a rest for say an hour, then you wanna pop out to the bottle-O there will be a small cloud produced. Grey\blue so it could be oil related. I thought it may be something to do with the cat fuming whilst hot then being purged by engine exhaust. Hmmm.

Now - I'm off to give her a wash... sigh

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest womandriver
  • Guests

Mine's going in for the 3,000k this week and I haven't got much to report.

I have had the shut down in hot weather (once) so I will tell them about that. I have a number plate light out and the console lid is noisy, but that's it.

OTT - flew on one of the new Qantas airbus planes last weekend. 2 weeks or so into service, overhead screens not working and we were delayed because they couldn't close the cargo doors. At least it stayed up there...

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 13d
OTT - flew on one of the new Qantas airbus planes last weekend. 2 weeks or so into service, overhead screens not working and we were delayed because they couldn't close the cargo doors. At least it stayed up there...

haha now that would have been scary.. talk about scary when i was coming back from thailand at Bangkok airport they said that someone may have a bomb on the plain we were delayed a few hours while they searched the plane and cleared it for take off.

Guest LionHeart
  • Guests

Funny Woman Driver...

I flew up today on the new one.. Found it smaller too.... Room wise that is..

Accelerates well, the Turbo feels better than the plane though!!!!

Also noticed some screens don't work...

Apart from that most of my turbo bugs will be fixed on Wednesday next week.

Guest harasn
  • Guests
So called "common" faults like these should NOT occur IMO. Before the cars are put into production they are tested in all manner of conditions for thousands of kilometres, so how come we are finding these faults after such a relatively short time of ownership. Not good enough for any car, regardless of make or model.

A lot of cars carry common faults throughout the model range, not just Series I. Look at xD-XF outer door handles for a prime example. Another example (not meaning to put sh*t on Expensive Daewoo here but...) is the Gen III V8 with the oil problems. Why aren't these problems acknowledged and fixed?

one thing that you seem to be forgetting is that there are people on the production line that are building these cars and finding issues with putting them together and stuff like that. The cars have been tested very throughly, I know cause I do it, but we can not test for absolutly everything no matter how hard we try. The production line is the cause of the limiting of option you can get on your cars and for some of the stuff ups. Some of the things that are found at the end of the line would make you laugh.

One other thing in defense of the faults that are being seen is that the barra was brought foward to be released rather than when it was originally going to be released, so everything was crammed into a shorter time than normal. Not good enough I know, but that's part of the problem!

Guest harasn
  • Guests
Also she puffs a little smoke out the exhaust occasionally. No real pattern developing but after she has had a rest for say an hour, then you wanna pop out to the bottle-O there will be a small cloud produced. Grey\blue so it could be oil related. I thought it may be something to do with the cat fuming whilst hot then being purged by engine exhaust. Hmmm.

I think you will find that its part of the emissions cycle of the engine trying to get the exhaust catylist up to temp as fast as possible. You shouldn't really be able to see it from inside of the car though, so I would get it looked at. How much smoke? Can you still see the car behind you? Have you checked for an oil leak under the car or the oil level in the motor.

• Member For: 21y 5m 24d

Thanks for the vote of confidence harasn. small puff of smoke 'tis all. Oil on the dipstick shows on the low side, but I never checked it after picking up from the dealer a month ago. Silly me. I'm not going to sweat it for now but it has gone on the list of 'things' that will be reported at the 3k service.

It has been 'very' hot over here in Adelaide the last few weeks. Car may be suffering a little whilst in the run in period.

cheers

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 25d

creaky steering when going slow ie reversing and drive thru's. and also the cruise control surging but I can live with that. otherwise extremely happy.

Guest PHNTUM
  • Guests

From a source in the castings plant FordMoCo the six cyclinder block has been found to have a small blow hole or paper thin walls in cyclinders 1,2 and 4. Not to worry though most of the engine blocks have been sleved which provides more strenght but the ones that haven't may be a problem in the future.