What Problems Have You Had?

Anthony-XR6T

• Member For: 21y 3m 18d

Thought I might start a topic on common problems people are having with their XR6T.

Just came back from the NSW south coast with shuddering brakes. I am pissed off that this has happened with 4000km on the clock. I will be booking it in to service this week and I will see what they have to say about it.

Another problem I have is the window control module on the drivers door has popped out, the locking clip is broken and will not go back in. Intermittently when I unlock the car the drivers windows goes down- this may be related to the module?

When travelling at 120-140km/h I occasionally hear a high pitch noise (sounds like a crook bearing in a fan). The noise is constant pitch and does not vary with engine revs. It will dissapear if I slow down or speed up beyond 140km/h.

Alternator whine can be heard through the stereo when playing DVD's. This noise cannot be heard through the headphones. Ford are looking into a solution but as yet do not have one.

Had a noisy heat shield at 500km.. fixed.

What problems have you had?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 17d

Lets see;

1. Driveline shunt as l have harped on about in another thread (manual box)

2. Airbag warning light is on all the time, something wrong with the SRS system

3. Loose drivers side door trim

l would expect a few niggly problems given that its a series 1 car made in the second ever month of production. 2 and 3 above dont bother me, but 1 does. l hope Ford can do something about it. l will go from dealer to dealer until l find one that is going to get stuck in and fix it.

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 17d
Mondie,

Yes I too agree about the Driveline shunt in my manual XR6T - It does become a bit anoying doesnt it! :angry:

Is there anything that can be done about it?

Our car is booked in for the 3000km check on Friday and this is one of the things l want sorted, so l will be able to let you know soon.

However l have had one of the mechanics from the same dealership drive the car and he thought it was probably acceptable and within spec. Hence my comment about looking for a dealer that's going to fix it if they reckon its OK. On Friday they will be taking some lash measurements from the diff & driveline so fingers crossed ;)

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 6d

My car is going in for its 3000kms service on Wednesday. What other issues were fixed at time of service? Also were their any recommended updates ie the control module update needed?

• Code Monkey
  • Member For: 21y 5m 7d

The catch on the fuel tank broke on mine, leaving my fuel tank open and unlocked all weekend. Yay, not. Took it back to the dealer this morning and they're ordering a replacement catch.

• Member For: 21y 4m 13d

Spewing oil over the back of the car.

Took it back to Dealer this morning and they said I have done a Diff seal.

My car will be off the road for 2 days while they replace the Diff.