Good Pads

FG50T

• Member For: 20y 1m 16d

Title pretty much says it but I'm looking for something that will work best with a standard rotor and not chew it in 5000kms. Basically just want something with a bit more bite in day to day city driving.

• Member For: 20y 7m 23d

What have you used that chewed the rotors in 5000ks?

I've always used Ferodo DS series pads with excellent fade resistance. Rotors and pads last about 40000k. Fair bit of dust though.

Heard many using Hawke Ceramic lately which might be an option for you. Little dust apparently.

Benny.

• Member For: 17y 25d

What have you used that chewed the rotors in 5000ks?

I've always used Ferodo DS series pads with excellent fade resistance. Rotors and pads last about 40000k. Fair bit of dust though.

Heard many using Hawke Ceramic lately which might be an option for you. Little dust apparently.

Benny.

Currently using Hawk pads..and yes less dustier than standard, but there is a little bit of noise as most have reported (however, I'm using dba rotors). They/re ok..cheaper then Ford pads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 9m 13d

Try Race Brakes in Melbourne, I am pretty sure they would have a set to suit the standard discs? I have had a set on the F6 with the new DBA T3 rotors and couldn't be happier. Very little brake dust compared to the OEM factory setup and from what I hear they last longer and don't wear out the rotors anywhere near as much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 12d

Currently using Hawk pads..and yes less dustier than standard, but there is a little bit of noise as most have reported (however, I'm using dba rotors). They/re ok..cheaper then Ford pads.

Does Hawk make ceramic pads for the standard Falcon calipers (ie front and rear)? If so, any idea what the part numbers are?

• Member For: 17y 25d

I'm not too sure but give Race Brake a call. They are outstanding in giving advice. Good pads for their price but again a little noisier than standard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 12d

+1 Had the Hawk Ceramic in the Rspec with 4000DBA XS..

Lasted for ever... and were awesome.. after 40,000 still 50% and no lip on the rotors!

Just need a little heat when you leave the drive way - so watch the first couple of corners... :spoton::3gears:

Edited by smicky