Fg Service Questions

phantomxr6turbo

• Member For: 20y 2m 28d

Hi All,

I have upgraded from a 2003 BA xr6t sedan 5 speed to a 2011 FG xr6t 6 speed manuel ute and love it I can't belive the differents in power and feel on the road

Anywho I am just about to go for my 3000km service and so I don't look like an idiot just need to know two things. first I have noticed that the cruise control doesn't work in any other gear but 6th, my old car it would work in all gears as long as your doing 40+ kms so if anyone has a manuel it would be good to know if it works in other gears so I can tell them without them saying its normal :)

and this is a little left field so don't flame me :surrenderwave: I have noticed that when I come to a halt there is a knocking sound at the back. sounds and probably is the fuel moving in the fuel tank (it stops after 5-10 sec) but I have never heard it in any other cars I been in so doesn't that sound normal or do you think maybe a baffle in the tank is missing.

thanks

Ian

here a pic of my new ute stock as a rock but the mods will start soon. :yahoo:

post-3098-0-14413000-1309779514_thumb.jp

post-3098-0-71566800-1309779553_thumb.jp

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 10d

Yea my BF does the fuel slosh thing as well. I would expect cruise to work in any gear as long as handbrake is off clutch is out and above 35-40km/h. Should say in your manual how the cruise works.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 24d

My cruise works fine out of 6th.

Make sure you have NO pressure on the clutch when trying to apply cruise - the limit switch is VERY sensitive.

yeah I have made sure that I havent got any of the pedals on and still doesn't work and I have noticed that it keeps deactivating by its self when in 6th gear more so when I am going down hill,

but all good goes into service soon and I will let you know what they say

thanks all

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update about my car, I took it in for the 3000km and they had the car there for 4 days trying to find a fix for the cruise control with not much luck.

they finally gave me a call about a fix and they said from the production line they have put a 3.45:1 diff ratio instead of the 3.73:1 diff in so they have a new one on order and have it fixed in a few weeks.

but I was just thinking if that the NA xr6 diff it wouldn't have LSD but mine feels like it does so I it still doesn't sound right :dontknow: oh well see what happens.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 24d

Thanks for the update bud. :spoton:

Let us know how the diff replacement is - I might push for this at my dealership if it is any better.