New Gt Engine Gone Already

cranny

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y

HI Guys,

335 GT BONE STOCK (not touched)

so much for a Bullet proof motor in the new GT,

I was driving tonight and droped back to second to overtake a slow vehicle next minute the engine starting making a really loud ticking noise almost like a failed lifter.

the noise gets louder and faster the more you accelerate.(So loud that you can hear it over the top of the supercharger.)

now the car seems to have lost power.

I did notice however this morning on a cold start that there was quite a loud bearing slash tappet noise coming from the drivers side bank. it went softer as the motor got warm.

Brand new GT up the creek, what are my choices take it to a dealer that has no idea about this new engine (no one even nows how or what oil to put in)

I am devastated.

any can help me.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 27d

I'd take it to ford Mate u might get a whole new donk. Mine is up for a new turbo tomoro. Way I see it if they keep doing it wrong they can keep fixing it

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d

You have to take it to Ford. No other choice.

I'd ring customer service first though and explain to them the situation. Make sure you express how disappointed you are after spending such a large amount of money. Really drive that point home.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Dont stress just take it to ford its under warranty. Dont tell them you hear prior noises just that you were driving along and it started making a noise so you stopped. Call a tow truck and take it to ford

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y

who is the best dealer in Sydney to go to. thanks guys

I am so devastated any ideas on what it could be. my thoughts are collasped lifter. is that hard to fix.

• Member For: 14y 23d

That's got to piss ya off cranny. Puts a bad taste in your mouth when you've parted with your hard earned. But in saying that my GS has developed a noise last week when idling. It sounds like a groan that you get from the powersteering pump but on closer inspection when it makes the noise I grabed the water hoses that cross the front of the motor & I can feel the vibration through them. I took it to my local Ford dealer & the service manager & head mechanic both agreed that it must be the water pump bearing making the noise. They ordered a new water pump so she goes in tomorrow to be replaced. Fingers crossed. Cheers, skoie

• Member For: 14y 23d

I've been onto Ford Forums & they have a thread on the noises from these 5.0 s/c engines. My water pump problem seems to be quite common.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 12d

How many km old cranny?

Such bad luck mate, know what you mean about fixing the problem, would prefer a whole new car, especially when you put a lot of coin into it in the beginning