Help Build My Engine To Handle 450Rwkw

micheal

• Member For: 15y 7m 10d

So short story I bent a rod in my ba xr6 turbo mk2. So my insurance is paying a bit towards it and ill be paying the rest.

Any help/imput into what parts I should use/install tp make it reliable.

So far I know I have to put stronger rods, pistons, change oil pump gears( do I need to change pump aswell) head studs bearings etc? Its already got valva springs

Cheers guy any help greatly apreciated

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 13y 4m 13d

You have most of the gear down. Just add a main girdle to support the main caps from twisting under load and a race balancer to protect the engine from nasty harmonics. Also have the ports on the crank shaft chamfered for better oil flow. Have the block sonically tested for wall thickness and find someone that uses a torque plate when they bore and hone the block to ensure a perfectly cylindrical bore. Then you need the engine blueprinted by someone that knows how to get the tolerances right. I used Atomic for all the machine work and then assembled it all myself. Brad is very helpful and will be able to help you out. With the right rods the engine will be good for over 600rkw. Good luck with your build.

• Member For: 13y 4m 13d

See if you can negotiate with them. Find out how much the quote is from where they want the work done and then you pay the difference from where you want the work done. Otherwise you are just going to have to go with who they want which is going to be the cheapest probably.

• Member For: 15y 7m 10d

So talked to the guy doing the rebuild and he want to use malhe pistons, scat rods, acl bearing kit

So parts I want to add are-

Billet oil pump gears ( whats the standard pump good for)

Arp head studs 12mm

Race balencer

And a girdle plate fitted to tie it all together.

He also uses a torque plate when boring and honing.

So I need to get it ballenced as its a inline6 and what sort of price should I pay to do it. Also anyone want to explain blueprint to me and rough price cheers micheal