Fg Sub "fix"

RHR

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 5d

It's like adding a new intake, there are always going to be one or two who say it's so much better and one or two who call bullsh*t.

Try it, if it works for you then great! For me it's a waste of time and replacement sub and amp is the go.

I will try an 8" JL most likely the W7 model from the states as this has the best chance of impressing me. I am concerned it won't fit though! As it may throw too far and hit the shelf

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 27d

Ford premium sound, especially the rear sub and speaker = mega crap. They only way to get any decent sound is to bin the junk and start again. I had Alberts car sound replace the junk sub and speakers and drill a wooden template onto the lower part of the rear parcel shelf and then DynaMat top and bottom. World of difference and some real boom boom boom. I have not met a sound person, or any person for that matter, yet who has had anything positive to say about the rear sub and speakers. A few do comment positive about the head unit though.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 25d

well I did this and its a 100% differance give it a go blokes definately changes the outlook on premium sound :buttrock:

this must be a clear bugger up from factory :bangcomputer:

• Member For: 15y 8m 20d

Seriously there really isn't that much difference. Yes there is a slight difference, but go buy/borrow a sub in a box, and with the standard wires (if you can make them reach) plug that in, then you can say you have a real difference. How can you say 100% better? If you got 100% better sound, it couldn't have been plugged in.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 25d

kink using it as a yard stick no its not a set of 4 inch speakers turned into a sound off machine

but for what it is ...........lets remember that its a 100% better improvement.

now I doubt theres any differance in "premium sound packages" but there might be I got the fg f6 and when I did the swop over in wires its turned it from a very just ok sound system with a very underwhelming bass sound into a fair decent system with more than enough bass to make the boot go doof doof more than enough to be classed a wanker :pleasantry:

not to mention the bass now fills the cabin quite suficiantly I actually couldnt believe the differance this was just my finding.

and yeh had plenty of twin alpine 12 inch set ups before so iam wery aware of what a decent system sould sound like :beerchug:

• Member For: 15y 3m 4d

Guys if you want a good replacement sub for the factory 8 inch go the Kicker CVT-8. A few blokes running this sub in B series and FG fords, myself included. Will set you back 170 bucks and is a massive improvement over the factory sub, and that's running straight off the factory amp too.

If you are experiencing rattle in the parcel shelf you'll need to dynamat it. This will also enable you to get the most out of your sub. If you still experience rattle then something is loose, possibly brake light cable, so you'll need to adress the problem at the source.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 17d

I read this and thought it would be bs but thought what have I got to lose and just tried it. I don't know bugger all about the technical side of it but it definitely made a huge improvement. Now I just need to find what wires to swap for another 50kw haha

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

• Member For: 13y 5m

Guys

Have a BF2. I saw some pics/instructions on this site and another that don't match what I have. I have a black plastic plug that has the splade connections inside at right angles.

I spent an hour or so hanging upside down in the boot of the car like a goddam bat, and couldn't get them out. Can anyone give us some details on how to get them out?

The other alternative is if someone knows where to get some plugs that would be compatible, and I could easily reverse the plugs. There's only about 2cm of wire poking thru to the boot. I'd rather try fitting some plugs than having to pull the sub out, and de-gluing various wires from the top of the parcel shelf so that I could have enough wire to splice and reverse. Any clues where I could get compatible plugs?

Edited by dbXR60