Turbo Territory Fuel Economy

nxr06

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11m 20d

I have tuned my own family turbo territory & fitted front mount intercooler, 42lb injectors, & high flow cat...

Have spent a bit of time getting the cruise tuning right & has resulted in excellent fuel economy...

pic shows avg fuel for 400km trip from mackay to townsville.......

Best "family" car I have ever owner, heaps of room, very fast, and great economy.... shame they dont make them like this anymore....

http://http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv130/ixr08/2011-05-12_20-25-12.jpg

2011-05-12_20-25-12.jpg

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 2d

Approximate of costs involved including tuning? I've got a 2010 ttg with a debunged exhaust, 2nd cai and a hi flow filter and it brought the economy down a bit but nowhere near that much.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 2d

Any chance you can take some pics of the car with all the fitted gear and shoot them through to me in an e-mail? mattybaldwin@bigpond.com

I really wanna go down this path, but after destroying my last car I'm a little concerned, lol. have you run it up on a dyno? any idea of power output?

• Member For: 18y 8m 29d

Hi Nx,

That figure isnt that far from what I used to get from out Territory when all it had was a tune.. they love the open road but will chew the juice on stop/start trips. Ive since fitted a better fuel pump, 5" Cat and debung, (Bought off the forum classifieds at a killer price} FG Intake (Another bargain forum purchase..), 60lb Dekas, Plazmaman FMIC, and tune. Ive yet to make a decent road trip but on 98Octane, it gets mid to high 9's, and around mid 11's on LPG (Vapour Injection) at 100 to 110kmh.

An extra 10 to 15kmh will push up consumption around 20-25%, given you are pushing a block fo flats thru the air!

For me, I get huge pleasure driving a comfortable and bloody fast family truckster every day so despite what it cost us to run, its difficult to beat as a family proposition. Also managed to easily destroy a new Focus RS in a sprint ( its all traffic would allow and at the first hint of a corner, he'd be goorn!) this arvo. The driver had a nice bright green jacket to match his paintwork but Im sure his face was more than a bit red!!

I did a few sums and the cost for the bits for the conversion came to around $3k, given that I did the spanner work myself and swapped services for the exhaust work and suchlike. Its all cool when you doing the work on your own car, theres a different time constraint and I have different vehicles to drive when work was underway.

Good mileage is wonderful, but in the end, Im here for smiles per gallon!

Mal K

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11m 20d
Any chance you can take some pics of the car with all the fitted gear and shoot them through to me in an e-mail? mattybaldwin@bigpond.com

matt do a facebook search for auspeed tuning, have some pics there of the fitment... let me know if you need to see more

it might link from here : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Auspeed-Tuning/189909911021986?sk=photos