Welcome to Ford XR6 Turbo.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sam_rigger

Bluepower Cai Vs Fg Xr8 Snorkel And Lower Airbox Mod

Hey guys,

just not sure whether to bite the bullet and buy a bluepower cai.

I have the XR8 Snorkel and Lower Airbox on my FG, (also have removed the restrictor on the upper part of the airbox).

IS what I have enough, or do I invest in the BPR CAI?

Obviously one is significantly cheaper (and I already own one....) but before I put my full exhaust on etc and get it tuned, I want to be sure what CAI I decide to keep.

Any ideas/comments?

Cheers,

Sam.

I had stock (obviously)

then as above

then Bluepower

and now

custom made

I did the bpr intake for noise, and your kidding yourself it if does much more than that, there isnt $650 difference or improvement over what you have now.... to be totally honest im not sold on it at all and I believe my $120 turbo side intake id far superior in every way

in my opinion, stay with what you have now, or if you want MEGA intake noise do a turbo side intake

and incase you were wondering the intake as you have now has done high 300rwkw on some peoples cars

I did turbo side for spool noise only

Hold on your n/a?

than stay with what you have!

Or just keep the std one, havnt had a problem running thIS power with it yet..but that may change fairly soon :-)

Posted (edited)

4" turbo side intake + Airbox + Battery relocation kit FTW! :buttrock:

Stuff the BP

Dont worry about bomber... he's off his meds again :w00t2:

Edited by S3XR6T

he cant do anything turbo side its bloody n/a :roflmbo:

dude your air box will be fine and ull see no increase in the b/p one especially due to it being n/a

the factory air box gets ritten off all to soon weve seen the factory air box set up do 128mph before :bowdown:

bad assumptioning on my part...

keep the coin and keep the setup you have. Cant see it restricting any power on na.

maybe throw a k&n filter in if there is not one already.

yeh I've done the k & n filter already, and the restrictor.

I'll keep the XR8 one I think, I would rather get it tuned sooner than pay for a CAI I don't need.

Appreciate the advice.

I agree I wouldnt waste money on a bp airbox on an N/A keep the cai u have and get a full exhaust system tune and you will be set :beerchug:

what's so funny Bomber?

sorry mate - wasn't aimed at you all all. Andrewd's close when he relised it was n/a - that was gold. Then s3xr6t followed up with the same and I'm off me meds :buttonit:. Gotta be nice to him but he makes good stuff :spoton:.

I'd stay with what your got mate, most do with the turbo also. Don't know how well the factory n/a zorst works so maybe look into that. I know of some n/a's getting around with over 200rwkw which is pretty impressive without a huffer. :beerchug:

I cannot beleive the number of blokes driving around with turbo back exhausts wihout a tune. FFS

edit NA car. fark, comment stil remains however

I assume you aren't talking about me, I don't even have an aftermarket exhaust fitted yet, it's sitting in my brother's Garage waiting for me to come and collect.

AND I will be getting it tuned very soon after that is fitted, @ Pit Lane Automotive.

But I agree, have turbo back Exhausts GET TUNE. I have heard that time and time again.

I cannot beleive the number of blokes driving around with turbo back exhausts wihout a tune. FFS

edit NA car. fark, comment stil remains however

Strike three - we're all out :roflmbo:

I have had the BPR CAI on my previous ute (BF XR6 N/A). I had it tuned using the xr8 snorkel then changed to the BRP unit and it did make a significant seat of pants difference. I did not get a dyno comparison becuase I lived a good 10hrs from the tuner, and using a different dyno wasn't going to be an accurate comparison. In my opinion I reckon they are a good bit of gear.

I wouldn't be too worried about the tune if you are changing your exhaust, unlike the turbo engines, you won't be running any risks without retuning, you just won't be getting the most out of your enitre setup.

Ive got one on my ute, was there when I bought it. This car is completely different to my last T so its hard to tell how good it is. I know that it sounds good and is a tidy piece of kit, not sure that id shell $650 for one though... plus its a pain in the a$$ to fill the washer bottle

It's an N/A people not a turbo, big difference in if its worth buying a good cai or not.

There's a few N/A blokes on AFF running this box, you can ask them what they think. From what I've read, the N/A 6's and V8's seem to respond well with this box.

I think for a N/A street car, the V8 lower box and snork is ample. You would only bother with anything else if you were doing circuit stuff IMO.