Possums How Do You Get Rid Of The Barstards?...

Dagabond

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 5d

I've had a few of the barstards going apesht on my roof the last few weeks and I'm sick of em, anyone know a way of gettin rid of them other than camping out on the roof with a 12 gauge?

Not sure the neighbours would take to kindly to the sound of a shotgun blasting the crap out of them and the ricochets off the tin roof at all times of the night... :gun2:

Have noticed a few places with these circular discs on their powerlines as well does anyone know where you get them from?

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 24d

Trap and relocate.

Are they on the roof or in the roof?

Failing that a 22 with subsonics is quite quiet.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 5d

Trap and relocate wouldn't work I don't think, there's to many of them round the joint. I live on the edge of town out in the sticks so it'd be only a matter of days till there would be more of the barstards taking their place.

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 22d

Czech rifel

All seriousness most places have a sheet of tin wrapped around the trees to stop them from climbing up onto roofs

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 17y 3m 22d

As Adam asked.....are they "ïn" the roof or "on" the roof?...big difference in dealing with em'.....

If there inside the roof and you kill them....they'll stink to high hell.... :hohum:

Guest XR09
  • Guests

1. Call the RSPCA and they will remove them for a fee. Or there are people who do it. Setting your own traps is not a great idea. If you relocate them it has to about ten to twenty K away or the buggers just come back. But usually one family moves out and another moves strait in.

2. And my favorite is to put a pet diamond python up in the roof. Gets rid of mice and rats too.

3.Don't feed your cat for a week and throw it up there. Or get a feral. But this way can be very noisy.

4. Put a couple of spotties in the roof. Think this one is more fiction than fact.

5. High powered air rifle.

• UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 2d

any evidence of how they are getting in or on your roof??I had the problem at my old house found there pattern of getting in and out of my house and just let my rotties deal with them!!family of 5 gone,2 were eaten,3 shook to death!! :surrenderwave: