E85 In Adelaide

BF6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4d

This is the barrel I got through Elf Racing Fuels....was expensive but you get what you pay for....Smells and looks like you could drink it with a few rocks in it :sungum: Think im doen to about 60 odd litres left.

post-34636-0-56098700-1318246554_thumb.p

post-34636-0-92131900-1318246565_thumb.p

• Like 1

• Member For: 13y 4m 24d
This is the barrel I got through Elf Racing Fuels....was expensive but you get what you pay for....Smells and looks like you could drink it with a few rocks in it :sungum: Think im doen to about 60 odd litres left.

I reckon ill look into getting a drum. I use a 50/50 mix too so although that the good stuff is double the price my car only gets driven on the weekends so it should last a while. My old man sells VP race fuels so I might see if they have a e85 on the market and if they do I'll get a price.

Maybe one day BP will jump onboard the e85 wagon also

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

I dont live close to an outlet, so take 6 or 7 jerrycans and fill up.

then do the mix at the 98 ron bowser.

• Skids?
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 21d

United at pooraka have E85 now so it only a 5 min drive weee :D go buy a barrel n got to the united n fill it up that's what I would do!

• please stop playing with my testicles
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 28d

the caltex at woodcroft shopping centre sells e-flex... I've been told this is e85? they also do the e10 unleaded. so can I just pull up to the pump, dump a tank of this in and expect decent power gains, or do I need a tune? what sort of gains can you expect and whats the cost per litre at the pump? heard it burns 30% quicker than regular 98ron so trying to figure out if it's worth it...

• please stop playing with my testicles
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 28d

My old man knows the guys at Aldinga Aerodrome, and seen a few modified cars filling up on AVGAS 100LL there, anyone know what kind of gains they can get with avgas?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d

I think avgas still contains lead and is bad for catalytic converters, correct me if I am wrong. Avgas will perform well and is not corrosive like E85 can be. I think HP-F did a review on fuels not sure if Avgas was tested, but from the old racing days if you weren't running methanol you were running avgas so it must be better than 98, how much? I dunno.:

according to Shell "The Lean Mixture rating is 100 octane (15 octane higher than the comparable 85 MON for unleaded Mogas) but Avgas also has a Rich Mixture rating of 130 which allows higher supercharger boost pressures to be used without detonation occurring. This is particularly a problem when using high power settings at low altitude, for example during take off.

for reference:http://www.shell.com/home/content/aviation/aeroshell/technical_talk/techart12_30071515.html

Edited by unclewal

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 1d

I know they sell AVGAS at the OG Speed Shop On OG Road Klemzig. Over $3 p/l if I remember correctly though haha

• Member For: 13y 4m 24d

I wouldn't put anything from og speed shop in my car...just my 2 cents. I used to sell avgas at the pump at our servo but BP stopped delivering it by the tanker and I could only get it in 20ltr drums. Not only is av a leaded fuel but u need a cams license or andra license to buy it. I do sell VP100 which is unleaded and killa stuff but also expensive. About $150 for 20ltr, but again need the appropriate license. The united or caltex e85 is the best bang for your buck for street use...and stock rods lol

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

even still e85 has been bumped up in price following the release of the eflex commodore... buggers....