Sign in to follow this  
BF6

E85 In Adelaide

E85 uses approximately 35% more fuel for the same bang as 98RON pump fuel, you will need most likely bigger injectors and a retune, do not run it without a tune or you will do damage. Depending on where you buy it from it can get up to 2.50 a litre for Sucrogen.

50/ 50 mix is easier to start cold. because you need to inject more per cycle than 98ron, the standard injectors will not flow enough on wot before leaning out.

most guys run seimens 60lb or similar spec so will not flow enough for 100% ethanol.

I went from 320rwkw to 345 with just a fuel change and tune...

The Liberty on Main North RD in Pooraka also stocks E85 now. The indian guy working there was trying to get me to fill my car up on it instead of P100 :riot:

is p100 still avaliable I thought that was gone?

scotty..........street tuner knows that hahahah side joke hahaha he is one of the most respected tuners going

at 100% e85 in boscos car would u say a single 044 with a lift pump be enough martin? wouldnt it more than likely need another 044? I think that's why 50/50 may of been used ?

not everyone likes to mix but if u get it right and can do basic calcs at the pump cant be much of a problem

the caltex e85 isn't as strong as the united gear so neat on their stuff would be perfect, never had any cold start issues on the phoon with neat united (72lb squirters)

yeah Jet P100 is still available. I know it wasnt for a while but I been filling my car up from the Liberty in pooraka. Its about 12c P/L more than unleaded but still cheaper than BP Ultimate

Why would you run a 50% mix for the street Bosco?

E85 is street fuel (hence its sold at the bowser at servos). I know my family hack runs on E85 without mixing...

bruce tuned it 50/50,I have 1000cc injectors,PW surge tank and a walbro in tank

I think its 30lt and the rest Ultimate, went for a drive with Matt last night and im pretty sure that's the mix he used

I bought a 200l drum from elf fuels cost $500 or so. There Is a post in the sa member sections with a exact price I paid. But it's the proper stuff the rally cars use. Says race spec on the barrel

This is the barrel I got through Elf Racing Fuels....was expensive but you get what you pay for....Smells and looks like you could drink it with a few rocks in it :sungum: Think im doen to about 60 odd litres left.

post-34636-0-56098700-1318246554_thumb.p

post-34636-0-92131900-1318246565_thumb.p

This is the barrel I got through Elf Racing Fuels....was expensive but you get what you pay for....Smells and looks like you could drink it with a few rocks in it :sungum: Think im doen to about 60 odd litres left.

I reckon ill look into getting a drum. I use a 50/50 mix too so although that the good stuff is double the price my car only gets driven on the weekends so it should last a while. My old man sells VP race fuels so I might see if they have a e85 on the market and if they do I'll get a price.

Maybe one day BP will jump onboard the e85 wagon also

I dont live close to an outlet, so take 6 or 7 jerrycans and fill up.

then do the mix at the 98 ron bowser.

United at pooraka have E85 now so it only a 5 min drive weee :D go buy a barrel n got to the united n fill it up that's what I would do!

the caltex at woodcroft shopping centre sells e-flex... I've been told this is e85? they also do the e10 unleaded. so can I just pull up to the pump, dump a tank of this in and expect decent power gains, or do I need a tune? what sort of gains can you expect and whats the cost per litre at the pump? heard it burns 30% quicker than regular 98ron so trying to figure out if it's worth it...