Razor Or Electric?

ronburgundy

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 30d

Fusion 5 blader is the go. I was gonna try an electric one but fark that.

I'm just hangin out for the fusion 12 blader buttrock.gif

razor.png

• 2 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 3d

So what's the verdict? I shave once a week with a blade... But went into shaver shop and everything is half price.. I have a very thick and course growth... The one he showed me had the most powerful motor and was the new Phillips .... He said matinence is the key to keeping blades sharp and the Phillipds was much easier to use as can use in shower...

From $420 to $199 I'm very tempted.. I don't shave daily with the blade as have very sensitive skin and get rashes very easy... Was told take a week or 2 to adjust to electric.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 3d

Yeah only reason I don't shave daily is the blades destroy my neck... Maybe the electric might be the way to go...the model I saw was great... Even had a trimmer and just pop the tips off rinse under water and done ... Then spray a lubricant that keeps the blades clean and stay sharp.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y

This guy knows:

I've made the switch about three or four times and always regret wasting money on the bloody things.

If you use one daily then it's barely OK, but it's never the close shave that is promised and you've got the 5 o'clock shadow by the time you actually get to work.

I'd say it takes allot longer to use electric as it's not just a case of once-over...usually have to stand there rubbing the fckn thing backwards and forwards half a dozen times to get everything. And yeah the latest purchase (phillips I think) catches the hair and then you pop the top and rinse it out.

So I dunno if it's a case of not spending enough on a super-duper decent one, max I've spent is about $300 from memory, or if they are just all sh*t. But give it another twelve months or so and I'll see one on special and think what a great idea it will be to try again. head_hurts_kr.gif

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 25d

ive got one of those phillips jobbies that has its own cleaning bath - the electric razor gets lowered into a cleaning solution bath, goes through a cleaning process for about a hour, then dries itself, whilst being recharged.

sounds flash

but when its hot, and a bit sweaty, its useless as tits on a bull

if I want a nice clean look, razor. if im just heading to work, electric ftw.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 16d

Electric for me, but I only trim so always have a bit to stubble.

But same Pazz a razor destroys my neck and I get a rash, get none of this with trimming.