Who Like`s Tools? (Merged Topic)

gassit

• Member For: 13y 5m 26d

I got my Blue Point prices off the wrong web page :(

I go to the AU one and they ain`t there! I rang Snap on`s 1800 number and the lady gimme the local rep`s number, had a chat to him.

He reckons the Blue Point sets I require are 250 odd each ( over 500 total ) and in his words: not the same as it was and not what he`d reccommend to anyone as a " good " spanner.

I think the A/F kit alone from Snap on is over 800 bucks.

Sooooooo, I trolled some tool forums and I`m now in negotiation to purchase some SK brand spanners. American made since 1920, look noice and they come in a clip.

The Blue Point Aluminium shifter I wanted for the one AN fitting I have was 70 bills on the US site, cha ching its 140 here.

It can stop there. For now..

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 22d

Bloody thread got my tool fetish fired up again... went and got a set of Alden spanners after work friday!

Doubt ill use them anytime soon, but I think they will have a use one day worth their money in gold.

Did you get the Alden spanners of ebay, I'm kinda keen for the metric roll of their spanners.

You wouldn`t think, that buying a nice set of combo spanners would suck balls like it has.

SK tools went leg up and some other mob bought them, I dunno if that's why no one stocks the ones I want. ARSE!!!

So I went back to the KC Tools set I loike in the foam tray and that's $537:24... Which is out there.. But it is the Profession line and they seem nice. sigh.

I`m gonna look at these Alden ones now, are they any good?

If I buy those KC jobbies, I`d just want to buy all the other foam trays with tools.

• Member For: 16y 2m 17d

Nah john,im talking air tools... I have the cordless snap on 18v drill and snap on 18v rattle gun also but they are for home. The cordless rattle gun is pretty bloody strong. I check over the wheelnuts with a bar after normal tightening with the cordless and they are always bloody tight. Bought a camera bore scope 2 weeks ago,its a bloody wicked little toy. We had a Terry Turbo come in with engine rattle just off idle,traced it down to number 5 cyl by disconnecting injectors. Looked down the plug hole with the camera and found a piece of piston top missing on the thrust side lol. Little pissa payed for itself already...

• Member For: 19y 7m 8d

Did you get the Alden spanners of ebay, I'm kinda keen for the metric roll of their spanners.

Nah got them from a local Bearing shop, they were in their tradies catalogue.

Their a USA brand, Bowman & something.... possibly ?? lol... Ive seen the same stuff used at work and it all seems great. $65 for 10-17mm set

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 9d

Picked up a set of these the other day: Craftsman Open-Ended ratchet spanners

I thought they would be handy for getting to those hard to reach turbo to manifold bolts - changing the turbo maybe tomorrow, so I'll let you know how they go - not expecting too much from them, but for $35 from bunnings I won't be greatly dissapointed!

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 16y 11m 19d

My new toy done a bit of research and they are fast becoming the way to do oil changes ,guys using them say no oil left in sump when sump plug has been removed after using extractor.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320660514752&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I finally found place with online sales for the spanner set I like. $554.24 including postage. Merrrr I thought.. They had " cheapest prices!!!! " in their ad and that always tells me they are the dearest..

I emailed my local outlet for these tools ( they don`t have any on display, arse ) they came back with $377.50.

It`s only 177 bucks difference!

I might go with Larry Local and get some other stocking fillers with the change.

Nyoink!