Ford Mustang 2010 - Us San Diego Palm Springs

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 14d

Well back in Dec 2010 I read in a magazine what someone thought were the best 5 roads to cruise in the world. One of them was our well known Snowies Cruise by the way, but the one that took my interest was this one because I was going to the US in Jan 2011 and happened to be right near it's route - it was like destiny :roflmbo:

USSanDiego-PalmSprings.jpg

And you know what - I was never going to do this cruise in Cali For Ny Ay between San Diego and Palm Springs in anything other than a hardtop Ford Mustang :w00t2: I had to wait 1 hour for one to turn up at the rental car firm in LA, but it was worth it - ended up with a Ford Mustang 2010 V6 with a reputed 305hp :thumbsup:

So hope you enjoy these pics :spoton:

Day 1 Around Anza-Borrego Desert State Park

vidmedcropDSC_1517.jpg

vidmedcropDSC_1542.jpg

vidmedcropDSC_1567.jpg

vidmedcropDSC_1595.jpg

vidmedcropDSC_1704.jpg

vidmedcropDSC_1734.jpg

vidmedcropDSC_1798.jpg

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 27d

Sawwwweeeeeettt!!!

How good would it have been If you could have had a coyote!!!

What was the V6 like?

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Mate, down in the low revs it was a bit sluggish but it really picked up it's dance card in the high revs. I absolutely loved flooring it - it made a sound that reminded me of a V8 Monaro that a mate loaned me once. I can only imagine what the real Ford Mustang V8 must sound like :w00t2:

But there were little things I had to get used to. Apart from everyone drives on the wrong side over there :roflmbo: - the bulk of the car was on my right so had to be mindful of that in the twisties :omg:

And had to turn lights and radio off manually when cutting the engine. Maybe that's in the so called Pony Pack luxury pack but mine did have leather and stuff so I thought I did have the lux pack talking with a fellow local Mustang owner ?!

Loved the eerie aqua blue interior lighting at night - could see my own feet in the footwell peddling away - was sometimes a driving hazard as I kept admiring the footwell :roflmbo:

But the stereo was crap - my CD kept hitting the bass limiter - not enough dynamic range. And cos the bass speaker was right next to my left leg - got a nice bass massage as I drove :roflmbo:

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Oh and one thing which I've found difficult with some ummm cheaper rental cars overseas is they don't make comfortable seats like in our XRs here. Well, this Ford Mustang's leather seats were spot on - I was on the road about 8 hours each day (them tha desert roads a ye ha long :roflmbo: ) and I found a good seating position easily (3 levers - up down, forward back and seat tilt) and did not get any sore back or bum :spoton:

The steering wheel was a dream to hold as well. Just wished they made them more with what they call "stick" over there. I could only get an auto - there no manuals :noon:

Umm gas as they call it there ( not the real gas you use Worm :roflmbo: ) was so damn cheap.

I was filling up for USD $40 but sadly getting about 17 miles per gallon which isn't much economy (though that's probably related to driving style :innocent: ) I think the standard they are aiming for is about 26 miles per gallon for comparison. And I think in 5 or so years they will legislate all new cars must do like 32 miles per gallon which is worrying the population over there because they love their big cars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 10d

Nup. Didn't like that at all. lol

Looks awesome mate. Sounded good when ya floored it. Don't like driving on that side of the road though. I could see myself wandering to the elft and taking out a cyclist or three.

Looked like you had an awesome time.

If ya had a choise, what would ya have, the 'stang or the wurbo???