Donations - Why Donate?

CJF077

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 16d

Often people think about why should I donate to a website when I reap the benefits of a community for free? Why should I spend a dollar or so when it looks like the website has advertiser's and covers the cost?

Unfortunately this is not always the case. Yes Advertiser's do assist in covering things such as the hosting, however there are always additional costs behind the scenes in particular to do with costs such as the following:

• Additional Bandwidth Costs
  • Maintenance charges on the software and addons for support and version upgrades.
  • Costs to upgrade the software / forum.
  • Consultant costs when things go wrong - (Prime example is the recent upgrade that caused things such as the classifieds to fail and for many members to get upset).
  • Tuning and maintenance costs in order to keep the site running at its peak all the time.
  • Costs for new and updated software
  • Costs for server upgrades both hardware and software / security (to prevent hacking like we had earlier last year)
  • Cost for support
  • Graphic design costs when implementing changes & many more not listed.

Donating is simple. All you need to do is visit - Make a Donation and follow the prompts.

Making a Donation really does help and we are grateful for every cent that comes in.

Some recent donations have gone towards the following:

• Consultants fees for repairing the classifieds system.
  • Upgrade costs for applications to work with the latest version of Invision Board including Donation Tracker, Advertising System, Classifieds etc.
  • Tutorials modifications (to be installed shortly)
  • Graphic Design work and start page creation - http://www.fordxr6turbo.com
  • Consultants charges for installing modifications and repairing list of items not working since upgrade.
  • Upgrade costs for Contact System
  • Upgrade Costs for Cometchat (IM Bar at the bottom of the screen)

If you enjoy visiting Ford XR6 Turbo . com, all donations made are greatly appreciated and will be put to good use maintaining and building a better community for you!

Remember any donation made is always appreciated, any amount will help Ford XR6 Turbo . com to continue to provide the best possible experience for you.

Our dedication to improving the site for all and our ambition to make this the number one site on the internet dedicated completely to the XR6 Turbo is what drives us forward.

Donating Member Benefits

We have broken down the Donating Member Access into certain levels. These consist of:

Standard Donating Member - Minimum Cumulative Donations of $20.

donatingmember.png

- ^^ A distinct Donating Member Tag which is displayed on your posts on the forum.

- A Larger Avatar - Your member avatar will have a maximum size of 120 x 120 pixels & 200kB (the default size is 90 x 90 pixels & 100kb)

- Access to the Donating Members Forum - (There's some great content in there. The donation is worth it just to read some of this content)

- Your Member ID will change to Blue throughout the forum, and is visible by all members. (instead of the default Black)

- Your Personal message inbox size is increased to 250 messages. (normal users have 10)

- Your attachment storage limit is increased to 30MB (normal users have 5Mb)

- You have no limits on the frequency of searching on the forum

- Ability to create your own Photo Gallery within the Gallery System with a 20 picture limit

- You can put links in your signature.

- You will be able to post Buy/Swap/Sell threads in the Classifieds section.

Bronze Donating Member - Minimum Cumulative Donations of $50.

bronze.png

- ^^ A distinct Bronze Donating Member Tag which is displayed on your posts on the forum.

- A Larger Avatar - Your member avatar will have a maximum size of 140 x 140 pixels & 200kb.

- Access to the Donating Members Forum

- Your Member ID will change to Bronze throughout the forum, and is visible by all members.

- Your Personal message inbox size is increased to 350 messages.

- Your attachment storage limit is increased to 40MB.

- You have no limits on posting frequency within the forum.

- Ability to create your own Photo Gallery within the Gallery System with a 35 picture limit.

- You can put links in your signature.

- Ability to Add your vehicle to the Garage System including photos and any modifications.

Silver Donating Member - Minimum Cumulative Donations of $100.

silverdonating.png

- ^^ A distinct Silver Donating Member Tag which is displayed on your posts on the forum.

- A Larger Avatar - Your member avatar will have a maximum size of 160 x 160 pixels & 200kb.

- Access to the Donating Members Forum - (There's some great content in there. The donation is worth it just to read some of this content)

- Your Member ID will change to Silver throughout the forum, and is visible by all members.

- Your Personal message inbox size is increased to 450 messages.

- Your attachment storage limit is increased to 50MB.

- You have a 20min edit post timeout (default is 10min)

- Ability to create your own Photo Gallery within the Gallery System with a 50 picture limit.

- You can put links in your signature

- Ability to Add your vehicle to the Garage System including photos and any modifications

- Ability to Create your own Blog and give members a detailed running build of your vehicle or whatever you feel like!

Gold Donating Member - Minimum Cumulative Donations of $200.

golddonating.png

- ^^ A distinct Gold Donating Member Tag which is displayed on your posts on the forum.

- A Larger Avatar - Your member avatar will have a maximum size of 176 x 176 pixels & 200kb. (maximum - as large as Admin/Dev/Moderator sizes)

- Your Member ID will change to Gold throughout the forum, and is visible by all members.

- Your account throughout the forum will not show any advertisements! **new feature of this donation level.

- Your Personal message inbox size is increased to unlimited messages.

- Your attachment storage limit is increased to 100MB.

- You have a 1hr edit post timeout.

- Ability to create your own Photo Gallery within the Gallery System with a 100 picture limit.

- You can put links in your signature

- Ability to Add your vehicle to the Garage System including photos and any modifications

- Ability to Create your own Blog and give members a detailed running build of your vehicle or whatever you feel like!

How to Donate?

If you would like to donate to Ford XR6 Turbo . com, just follow these simple steps.

1.) Go to the main Donate page located here and click on the "Donate towards this goal" button.

2.) Next select or enter the amount you wish to donate, remember if you are entering an amount, follow the standard 2 decimal place system. For Example: If you want to donate $20 dollars, then enter 20.00

3.) Select in the option whether you would like to use Paypal (with a Credit Card or if you have a Paypal account - real time receipt of payment) or if you would like to do a Bank Deposit (manual receipt of payment required, PM CJF077 with your payment receipt for quickest action)

4.) Click on "Place order and pay", you will then either be taken to the PayPal secure payment portal or you'll get instructions to make your manual payment for Bank Deposit.

5.) You'll now be ready to complete your payment process.

6.) A payment process is a secure 3rd party to handle all transactions between you and Ford XR6 Turbo . com . It is one of the most secure methods of transferring money on the internet.

If you select the Bank Deposit Payment Option please use the bank account details below:

Account Name: FordXR6Turbocom

BSB: 062004

Account Number: 1018 1306

Bank: Commonwealth Bank of Australia

We also request that in the description of the transfer you put the following DONATION-USERNAME with USERNAME being your site username for indentification purposes.

We thank you in advance for your genorosity and for being a part of FordXR6Turbo forums

Edited by k31th
edited to show changes as at 11/02/2020
  • Like 2

• Get on the end of it.....
  • Member For: 18y 3m 12d

Yeh but f*ck me its not like there asking for 1000 s of dollars, its money well spent for all the info and detailed descriptions. Id would have been lost with out it. Dont be tight f*ckers lol

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 13d

I dont mind donating its all good, the tight asses that are on this forum sinse 06 and still havent donated gives me the shiiits, make them donate or GTFO lol. what about organising cheaper car insurrance for donating members. that will make money. I heard some other forum does this (calais turbo) but im not 100% shore.

• Like 1

I dont mind donating its all good, the tight asses that are on this forum sinse 06 and still havent donated gives me the shiiits, make them donate or GTFO lol. what about organising cheaper car insurrance for donating members. that will make money. I heard some other forum does this (calais turbo) but im not 100% shore.

:stupid:

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator

That sounds like a great idea. I know some of our sponsors are giving discounts of 10% for donating members, but the insurance thing is something we can look further into. Sounds good.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator

Looking at our stats we have the following:

677 Donating Members

42 Gold Donating Members

35 Platinum Donating Members

and 1 Titanium Donating Member.

We have roughly 18,000 standard members.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

I wasn't aware DM's got 10% discounts off some sponsors, that's huge. Maybe that needs to be put out there a bit more?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 13d

677 Donating Members

42 Gold Donating Members

Wow I honestly thought there would be far more donating members, I for one didn't take long to realise the wealth of information provided here, I joined up back in 09 because I was thinking of getting an XR6T however didn't so hadn't really come back but in the last few weeks now that I know I'm set on a G6ET I have no issues dropping a few bucks to keep the forums ticking along :)

677 Donating Members

42 Gold Donating Members

wow only about 750 true members LOL :stirthepot: