Vibration

old rev head

• Member For: 14y 2m 10d

I have a vibration at around 90 to 100 kph, now I know most of you will say tail shaft but I don't believe it is. I tested it by puting it on jack stands with the rear wheels at ride height, and running it up to 100, the vibration was still there and the left hand side made clicking noises but only every now and then. The CV joints feel good with no movement at all so I am at a bit of a loss as to what it might be. Can anyone help???

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2d

I will state the obvious and say wheel balancing (in case you haven't checked that already)..

Every time I those sort of vibrations with any of my cars, especially the ones that only happen at particular speeds has been wheel balancing.

• Member For: 13y 9m 1d

I had a vibe in the car at those speeds. Took the car to a large well known store in Perth, they said one wheel bent, so I had it replaced. Vibe still there. This is after they balanced all the wheels including the new one and said they were all good.

Took the car to Wilkinsons suspension and they found that another wheel on the car was bent- just about square!

So get your wheels balanced and check them for roundness- but just be careful with your choice of shop...

Replaced the second bent wheel and it's all perfect now. This was damage done before I got the car btw!

Edited by andynogo