Fg Front Camber Kit

nelsonian101

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 22d

I've been after something like this for a while now.

post-16087-128988898659.gif

My FGXR6T gets taken to the circuit 4 or 5 times per year on R-rated semis and I've been wanting a quick and easy way to get more negative camber just for the day. How much neg camber would this allow? After 3 deg approx.

It may also solve the problem of inner front tyre wear that has plagued the FG's (I have the stiffer Superpro control arm bushes already), to return to a more neutral camber setting.

Have many people tried these yet from K-mac?

K-MAC kits to suit Ford Falcon

My car is currently running on the stock FG springs, but will return to the lower Lovells (and custom Konis) for the 2011 winter track season.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 9d

I have just fitted that particular K-MAC kit to my FG on the weekend. Wheel alignment is being done tomorrow so will need to get a few kms down before I can make an assessment.

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 22d

haha funnily enough just about to get these organised for front and rear in mine.

what prices did you guys get quoted/pay?

• 3 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 7d

He ended up going with a custom solution by east coast suspension sydney. They drilled a whole in the one of the arms and before a track day he can switch to the new position and he gets 3 degrees negative camber.

Nelsonian can explain it better but he's been using that solution for a couple of yrs now, had said the kmac kit was too heavy.

• Member For: 9y 11m 14d

Hmmmm , holes in the arms???

Maybe they drilled new upper arm location holes in the body to lower the upper arms?

It's an old trick that can get great results.

I actually did this on my 73 XA HARDTOP and it made a huge difference on corner turn in.

It's quiet easy to do once you know the exact measurements.

I just made up a jig out of 6mm flat plate which then bolted to the original holes and then drilled through the new holes in the plate and into the body.

Generally the new holes are lower and moved back just a bit.

But you really only get 1 shot at it so it would be interesting to know the measurements.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 22d

I had extra holes drilled in the upper control arm bracket.

Instant 3.5neg camber. (Get your toe settings checked after. I prefer toe out at the front for circuit)

Difficult job to switch the 2 bolts with regular springs/shocks as the bolts can foul on the springs when swapping between the 2 holes.

With coilovers it's easier as the spring collar can be lowered, hence spring free to move with the car jacked up in the centre front.

Bad pic but top left you can see the bolt.

I have extra holes drilled to switch between camber positions if that makes sense.

East Coast suspension came up with the idea after setting up some FG Brute V8 utes.

I switch to the 3.5neg camber setting before every track day at the same time I fit the race brake pads.

post-16087-0-71309700-1409896142_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Member For: 9y 11m 14d

Good idea, I understand what you've done.

But like you said it would be a pain with the standard spring shock arrangement .

Here's some pics of my XA and jig to try and explain what I'm on about!

post-78284-140989701525_thumb.jpg

post-78284-140989703207_thumb.jpg

post-78284-140989706089_thumb.jpg

The jig is simply turned over for the other side.