Spark Plugs

bjcrown

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 4d

Guys,

I have a BA MKII 4sp Auto. Looking into getting some spark plugs.

I'm thinking of purchasing NGK BKR6EIX but a friend of mine mentioned to best get spark plugs from Ford for a BF Turbo as they are pre-gapped to .9mm and a small adjustment is required to .8mm. Also the Ford plugs are best suited to the coils??? Is this true?

I believe the spark plug part number for the BF's is AGSP22YE09.

These are Denso plugs yes? If so, what are the Denso part number? Do they come pre-gapped to .8mm?

Is this correct?

Are these iridium type plugs and how long (kms) do they last?

What do you guys reckon NGK's or Ford?

Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 10m 12d

Mate just use the NGK. Almost every high HP engine on here uses them and they have never failed. They are good for about 80000km but I change them regularly. By reducing the spark gap you are also limiting the amount of energy the coil has to use to jump the gap. This will give you more voltage reserve and duration when you need it.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 4d

Adrian.. closing the gap does promote a stronger spark and with increased boost helps eliminate the spark being blown out before ignition of the cylinder.

But in saying that going too small doesnt expose enough spark to ignite in the fuel charge..

So basically its a fine line.. and .8 is about it. I have seen some guys use smaller gaps but were talking insane boost and even crazier ignition system that would light a small town

Hope this helps

Cheers