Speeding Fines From An Undercover Ss Wagon

jacob_xr6turbo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 8d

hey guys

a mate of mine just got done doing 80 in a 60 zone allegedly, but was curious to how the copper would have calculated his speed? He seems to think he was only doing 65-70 max at the time.

Do the undercover SS wagons have dash mounted cameras? or would he have just guessed his speed by how fast he was going behind him or something?

Is there any way he can dispute it? Ask for some proof or something?

80 in a 60 is pretty serious, insurance companies, etc, so he's just wondering the best form of action if any.

Thanks guys,

any help appreciated.

Chris

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 17y 10m 23d

Police cars are normally fitted with highly accurate calibrated speedos and this would be enough to book him, TMU cars used to also be fitted with other speed measuring devices, not sure whether they still do or not.

It has also been proven in courts before, that a policemen is a good judge of speed even with out testing equipment

• Donating Members

ah ok, thanks mick :)

also, the copper didn't hand him a fine on the spot, just took his license and said that the fine would be coming in the mail? is that correct these days?

I guess there's no other way to dispute it, just cop it on the chin and move on.

• Member For: 17y 10m 23d

I would expect to get something there and then, but have read about fines being posted out before, maybe your mate got pulled over by an off duty cop (who can still book him though) and the cop just wanted to give him a scare to slow him down

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 28d

Ask the copper for proof... That's what I'd be doing... Show me it on the radar...

The difference in 5km/h would be very hard to guess... Especially if others in traffic are sitting below the speed limit and making you look faster... And it can be costly!

Guesstimating is not fair... I dont care how well they think police can judge...

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

Took the number I expect?

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 30d

It all depends on your first words when your pulled over.

If mr plod says why were you speeding and you say I was in hurry; not watching speedo etc, your guilty.

If he says why were you speeding and you say, sorry officer, but at no point I went over he posted seed limit of Xkms, I had cruise set and you mus be mistaken, you can get away with it.

Just watch for when he reaches for his pocket and turns off his recorder, because that's when your about to get a punch to the face.

• Donating Members

yeh he was a TOG, all dressed up in gear.. definitely not off duty.

took his license to the cop car and bought it back. did a quick check, came back and bretho'd him, then said the fine would be in the mail. my question is how would I ask for proof? like with a speed camera it's there in black and white in a photo, but I guess these cops in these cars can just accuse you whenever and however they like and we can't dispute it?

hey henz,

yeh I guess they record everything now hey. oh well I guess he has to wait and see if a fine does come in the mail.

ive never heard of a fine being sent out though, I thought it was usual for the fine to be written out and handed to the drive on the spot.

Edited by Dagabond
Merged posts...