Battery Relocation In A Ute

Andoz6t

• Member For: 14y 2m 10d

Hey all , recently purchased and half fitted a race plenum kit from Process West.

I dont like the idea of the batter sitting behind the front bar so I wanted to relocate it to the tray in the front rh corner, just chasing any ideas as to how I should route the cables ?? inside/outside ??

im open to all ideas , just basically want it neat and out of the way !!

cheers in advance for any feedback :dontknow:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 5d

Keep the cables nicely tucked away whether you go inside or outside just not anywhere too low that they could get caught on something and pulled out. Be cool to see some pics when your done.

• Member For: 20y 3m 12d

I put mine on the left side. Ran the cables through the plastic tub and along the fuel lines to the the chassis and starter motor. I left the standard cables connected to a distro block where the standard battery used to sit.

Works fine.

..hmmmm okay , so basically you just extended the power cable from the starter to the tray ??

how about the earth did jusy earth the original to the body (where the battery use to be )

then run another earth from the battery to somewhere on the body under the tub ??

cheers

yer I would like to see pics also, im thinkin of goin rapids or nispros kit keeping it in the engine bay...

yer ive been researching for ages as to what I was going to spend my hard earned on , and after seeing Process West's 6inch race box in the flesh !!! holy f$%k its worth moving the battery !!!

you could almost where the k&n filter as a hat haha its massive !!