What To Buy - Xr6T Bf Mkii Vs Fg

chrissara

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

Yeah alot of people are going through this mate (myself included) rather then try and compare them I'm just gonna wait for the right car. When It pops up I'll know.

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 8m 8d

Well this is an interesting debate. I have ponder this very question for a long time. But in the end I choose the BF II. The reasons came down to a superior engine for power and durability. The BF II has a bigger turbo and stronger pistons. I am aware that in stock form the FG is quicker down low howewer it is also pushing approximately 40% more boost. I also brought a manual as they are quite rare and I found it difficult to find a stock low K example. If you check carsales there is a ratio 0f 4 to 1. BF II's to FG's. Cheers e

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 17d

Superior engine for power and durability. Hmmm, FG entry level 270kw stock vs BF in FPV 270kw. Puss intercooler plumbing, crap plenum - yep go the BF and yes, in manual :stirthepot:

Edited by bomber

I take your point, but when chasing reasonable power a plenum and cooler upgrade are on my list. New FG F6 now pushing 30% more boost than BF F6. But I do agree the the new plastic intake is more efficent. But I am not sure how long the plastic end tanks on cooler will last.

Thanks Bomber, I think I have an excellent example Toxic manual with 50491k's with books and good history. Didnt go down the F6 route. I can't deal with that rear spoiler and 10k dearer. Insurance was $1200 compared to $663, and really the only thing on the F6 that I wanted was the Brembos, oh and the front bar. This was another reason I liked the BF as all is interchangable. No sure if the F6 bar in interchangable on FG. Cheers

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 17d

No, 'cause headlights are different. Only XR's get the tear drops. Sorta funny really. The entry level lights as seen on ya average 'taxi' get fitted to the FPV's. I guess they thought the body kit would be too busy with the others - don't know.