Breaking Down Under Load

kimford741

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 23d

hi guys, just chasing some ideas because I am really not enjoying the T like I used to.I have an 04turbo 5speed ute while slowing down to stop and rolling slowly in neutral, the revs will fluctuate from 500rpm to 800rpm and sometimes stall also when sitting and idling. The funny thing is, it will do it regularly but with no real consistency. The main problem though when under load, it will break down from 3 grand and up and start coughing. I have replaced fuel and air filter, plugs and leads. When I replaced plugs and leads it seemed to improve but after a couple of days it was back to breaking down again. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

• Member For: 16y 8m 4d

I'm sure I searched breaking down under load, when I had my problem and I know most fixes were coils. I know cos I kept looking so I could see if any one could share light on my problem.

well polugs for me didnt work but guess what coils did.

Oh and I left my leads standard, they are good for 2000hp so I hear :beerchug::stirthepot:

Edited by 400KwXr6t

• Member For: 14y 7d

got the same prob from 3-4 grand its like its breaking down

as said above plugs fixed it for a week or 2 but now it comes and goes

I thought of gaping the plugs down but it hasn't been boosted or anything so I didn't think thaw necessary normally

should I look at a set of coil packs first???

I dont have the low speed issue

Edited by gemhead

• Member For: 15y 3m 17d

Sounds like coils mate, mine was doing exactly the same 'till I swapped mine out, probably wouldn't hurt to give your throttle body a clean too, should help with the idle,

GT