50Th Anniversary Xr6 Turbo Ordered

ColinT

• Member For: 16y 5m 1d

After driving a FG XR6T 50TH Anniversary in Viper today im sold

I just want one lol

And im not into modding them up besides maybe different wheels, darker tint and lowering it a tad more hehe

But I just couldnt get over the difference between the bf and fg....well I thought so between mine and the fg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 13y 6m 22d

Hi guys and gals,

Out with the old and in with the new. Goodbye BA (2004)hello FG.

Just placed and order for the 50th Anniversary XR6 Turbo. The price with the factory extras was too good to pass up.

Specs are

XR6 Turbo, 6 speed Auto

Colour Silhouette, love washing cars

2300 kg tow pack, not that I tow heavy but I hate having to bolt on a goose neck

Window tinting, Tint a car Formula 1 UV 50% tint.

$46,450 drive away

From memory I paid $46,000 for the BA with all the extras I had added.

Same as mine except the tow pack, I have that on the Territory. Fantastic car and too good a value. enjoy, I am mine.

post-42520-128614740294_thumb.jpg

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 18d

my dad works for Ford. I got an F6 Typhoon RSPec back in Feb 2008, wrote it off in Sept 2009. Got a stupid 2000 VT 5.7 SS for the time being (terrible car), and now am trading it in for a brand new 2010 Black XR6 Turbo. Due to my dad's discount, got it for $43,250 drive away! (Not including a trade in) haahahahha in one year, I won't lose much at all. Hopefully picking it up soon, will post some pics when I do pick her up!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 16d

Looks awesome.

Been a long time lurker of these forums. Thought I would chime in since my lease paper just got approved.

Ordered a black XR6T 50th Anniversary with Reverse Camera, 2300kg tow pack (gone for the hayman reece load levellers) so I can still tow my boat around, Prestige Sunroof and tinted windows. Dealer already has the car I want in their holding yard and were kind enough to reserve it for me whilst I got my lease paper work done.

Only bad news is I have to wait until early November for my current lease to expire. What a torture, knowing I could have my car almost any day but have to wait another month... ah well.

Cheers,

Chris

• Donating Members

Hi BCR01,

You are right Ford do not offer a Factory sunroof anymore due to the ANCAP safety rating (dealer mentioned that Ford wouldn't have achieved their rating otherwise).

That's why I chose to go with a sunroof from Prestige Sunroofs here in Melbourne.. Ummmmmed and errrrred about this for a while but 80% of all my cars have had sunroofs, so I couldn't help myself :)

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 14y 1m 21d

just got my 50th ute back from ford, went in for 15k service and I got a report back from them saying the rear leaf springs in my ute are the wrong ones.New ones have been ordered to change over apparently there was a batch of 50th utes made in a 3 week period which will be recalled soon as they have the 1 ton springs and shocks in them :3gears: ??? (must have been built over a few friday arvos) that would explain why it rode like a go cart.

anyone else had this problem yet or recived a letter from ford?

Edited by collo911

• Member For: 13y 8m 9d

just got my 50th ute back from ford, went in for 15k service and I got a report back from them saying the rear leaf springs in my ute are the wrong ones.New ones have been ordered to change over apparently there was a batch of 50th utes made in a 3 week period which will be recalled soon as they have the 1 ton springs and shocks in them :shocked: ??? (must have been built over a few friday arvos) that would explain why it rode like a go cart.

anyone else had this problem yet or recived a letter from ford?

When was yours built? Hope mine has 1 ton springs in it, and I will keep them...........make tax easier!

• Donating Members

Hi all,

Had my 50th Ann XR6T for 2 weeks now and I am still completely blown away (hopefully the local cash converters aka speed cameras haven't been too active :bangcomputer: ).

Seriously there is nothing south of $100K that even comes close when it comes to bang for your buck.

Having also owned one of the first BA XR8's I am impressed with the improvements Ford has made in the technology department.

Especially like the many configurable options in the car (first time I can remember having to read the owners manual)

Will post some pics shortly,