Cds Stuck In Premium Sound

berzerker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 26d

Hi all

Ive had 5 or 6 cds stuck or lodged in my preium sound icc for a while now. Just been using the ipod to listen to tunes, but quality isnt the same.

Really want them OUT now. It just reads on the display 'no disc' when I push eject it makes a sound like cds are trying to come out but it just reads 'no disc' again after 10 seconds.

Do I need to remove ICC to get these out? Is there an easier way?

Cheers

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 11d

Sounds like its gotta come out. If you take it out what ever you DO NOT TURN THE ICC UPSIDE DOWN. There is a sticker on the unseen part of thr ICC from memory.

Not sure if this is correct but if it is turned upside down you can pretty much throw the thing away

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 11d

I don't understand why the ICC must not be turned upside down. Does anybody know? What sort of transducer is there in the ICC that is sensitive to orientation - something that controls the air-bags perhaps?

Reason I am asking is that I was tempted at one stage to remove my ICC but didn't know I had to be that careful with handling it :roflmbo:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 9m 9d

Hi all

Ive had 5 or 6 cds stuck or lodged in my preium sound icc for a while now. Just been using the ipod to listen to tunes, but quality isnt the same.

Really want them OUT now. It just reads on the display 'no disc' when I push eject it makes a sound like cds are trying to come out but it just reads 'no disc' again after 10 seconds.

Do I need to remove ICC to get these out? Is there an easier way?

Cheers

G'Day mate I had a cd stuck in my g6e turbo,it also read no disk ,so I just disconnected the battery then left it for a few minutes reconnected and all was fine ,it must have reset it's self. worth a try before dismantling it ,good luck.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 23d

If you take it out what ever you DO NOT TURN THE ICC UPSIDE DOWN

Jesus, never knew that! Will be handy info when installing gauges.

Is this only for premium ICC or both?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 24d

Both. take all the CD's out before you remove it. Once thats done you can do somersaults with it in your top pocket for all the ICC cares. The cd's drop out and jam the stacker up if you tip it when its full

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 23d

Mental note: don't drive a loop-the-loop with a CD playing.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 11d

Dam, what is it with these CD stackers. Mines the stock 6 stacker and now it's jammed again. First time it jammed was on the VIC Yarra Christmas cruise. But it came good again at the end of the cruise. Dillz says it happened to him and he just kept pushing the CD eject button until one day a CD popped out and all was good again. I did the same thing and a CD popped out and it came good again ... until today :nono: Farrked if I know why it does it - was a bit warm outside today and the car was parked out in the constant sun the past few days - thinking one of the 5 CDs in the 6 stacker has warped slightly. Dillz reckons it happens with CDs you've burnt yourself which is the case for all 5 in my stacker. Yoshi was on the Yarra cruise as well and reckons you have to take the ICC out and push the CDs out manually from he back. Says he's done that once before and ummm has to do it again cos he's got a stuck stacker as well again. So, what's with these - sounds like a common problem. Yeah, Adam tried the disconnecting of the battery for a little while but that didn't work - maybe because mine's a BA and not the stacker used in the prem sound for the FG?

Anyway, looked at this thread about changing the headend unit and it shows how to remove the ICC - so may give this a go in some spare time coming up over the Christmast break. Just annoys me cos one of the reasons I was influenced to buy this car was that it had the stacker. In my previous XR6Ts - they all had single CD players - so never had this issue. Ah well :dontknow: If I get stuck, may have to ring you Yoshi or Adam :beerchug: