antman89

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 25d

I think you also need a xr6t plenum ? and instead of the wiring looms and stuff you can opt for a electronic boost controller I think. not sure if the solenoid is needed.

and a boost guage!

you dont need a xr6t plenum and dont need to remove the butterflys.

the butterflys will allow you to keep the longer path of the bbm runners, giving you better low down torque compared to a xr6t.

perfect since you have the 4spd auto (?)

• Member For: 16y 8m 19d

not much power at first untill lsd is fitted and I start get power hungry, its not lpg, I think you can tap the sump in situ just use alot of grease on the bit to stop fillings going into the sump I just got a quote through motor traders on the stuff I think I need to replace and get and it was just under $1000. that includes all nuts, studs, washers, bolts, turbo bracket and dump pipe bracket, heat shields, replacement waterlines/ heater hose and Boost Pressure Sensor for intercooler piping im pretty sure that's what ill need if anyone has 2nd hand or info where I could get stuff cheaper or generic parts would help great

would I be able to just tap into the current heater pipes and connect a hole to each to supply water for turbo near same position as turbo ones as would save a lot of money and time?

also what material are the pipes made from? thanks

Edited by antman89

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 1m 23d

Dont get me wrong, I am all for people improving their cars, but I have to ask why you don't sell the Fairmont and grab an xr6T? The cost difference between the conversion and just changing out cars will be minimal, and you will have an engine that is designed to run a turbo. For example, what are you doing about the compression ratio?

If you love the fairmont, why not grab a long motor and transplant it? For the sakes of reliability and power, its going to net a better result at the end of the day.

I understand some people like to do things themselves, but why crawl when you can run?

I want to learn how my engine operates and functions with a hands on approach as each part I work I learn a little bit more. I have done basically all of the work on my car including all suspension upgrades/work, bodywork, and I have serviced the car all by myself with no car mechanical background but with love of cars and the interest I have. I also know that my engine has been looked after, serviced on time and correctly. just to throw it away to get a overpriced ($4000) unknown condition 2nd motor just doesn't feel right to me, plus I love my Fairmont way to much and I couldn't just give it up for another run of the mill XR6T (no offence). Also I picked up most of the turbo parts very cheap and great condition and this car wont be a dyno queen or running 10's so I wont be to worried if the I cant push it with power. Im sorry if people don't feel the same way, but I have always been a car nut all my short life, and wanted a project that was challenging and rewarding cause they day I finish I know I will be proud and will have a bigger understanding mechanical wise.

• Member For: 16y 1m 1d

with the oil supply I just got a tee peice made from copper and fitted it to the oil pressure sender. which is under the intake manifold. then I ran a 1/4 inch braided line around the back of the block and in to the top of the turbo.. I tapped the sump on the vehicle. its easier to take the front wheel off and you can access it there. I drilled and tapped a barb fitting into the top of the sump and ran 5/8 hose as my oil return. million ways to skin a cat.

jamessump.jpg