Help! Your Thoughts?

4DZILR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 23d

I am installing a bodykit on my ford.

Currently, the bodykit is too short to reach the undercar protective plastic that covers the engine and would normally just bolt onto the original bodykit.

Now I need to make an extension for the original board but cant find anything would be thin and light enough to extend the undercar plastic...

Basically its like this below --

delemma.jpg

If your looking up from the bottom of the car you will see the top image.. where the plastic cover (orange) meets the bar...

but with the new bodykit, I need a extension that can bolt onto the original (orange) plastic cover and the new bodykit (red)...

so I need to fill the gap (blue) ...

any idea's of what material I could buy that would fit that whole?

Edited by 4DZILR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 15d

Its just a stone tray.. The one on my old ute feel out and I never bothered putting it back in and I n ever had any problems.. I'd suggest just forget about it lol...

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

Its a bit more than just a stone tray, but how about grabbing another under tray cutting it up and have it plastic welded to the original

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 23d

well I considered forgetting it.. yeah... but I didnt wanna see the ground when looking through the bottom splitter of the bodykit.. lol so I want to make sure it looks stock kinda thing..

yeah I considered that.. cutting it and then making it fit.. only problem is the diameter when it comes to the far corners wont be any wider... it will still be the same length if you get me??? :fool: :fool:

any other ideas?? I guess I will have to make somthing but I need to know what I could use to make it with...

it cant be flimsy coz then the original plastic will just sag down... :roflmbo::dontknow:

• Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 5d

Definitely dont just forget about it, I left mine off and my engine was covered with dirt.