Fg Speaker Install - Pics And Notes Included

Jizza

• Member For: 15y 8m 14d

Does anyone know the dept of the factory speakers? Or the deepest you can can go?

I nearly forgot. The stock speaker is around 60mm. The Ford spacer is a funny shape and it 50mm one side and 60mm the other. So the stock speaker would hardly go into the door at all.

I would say, as a guess if you were to use the stock spacer I would think you could nearly get a 80-100mm deep speaker in, but don't take my word on that...

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 9m 5d

hey jizza, started doing the install today, but with Rockford fosgate speakers. it is going well so far. hope to finish it off tomorrow.

the info is helping.

Edited by James_Hunt

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

• Member For: 12y 9m 5d

Hey Dillz, I have something very similar to the ebay one, I had all this in my old BF ute , I did end up putting the 6.5inc's in the rear. just had to trim (with a drimmal) the inside of the door trim, where the oem speaker sat. all works great! how big is the standard sub?? should I replace whit something bigger in the same spot? as it sucks with producing bass.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 23d

easy enough to mount a sub and amp in the boot, id prefer that over an upgraded 8in in the parcel shelf. that's me though lol

just run power down one side of car and rca's the other side, all good

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 5d

Thanks Jizza (and all).

I have been inspired by this thread to upgrade my premium audio and after a bit of research have decided to upgrade as follows:

Front: Alpine SPG-17CS 6.5" Components

Rear: Alpine SPS-610C 6.5" Coax

Shelf: JBL GTO-804 8" Sub

I will run this off the factory head unit & sub - straight replacements.

Given that I have the premium audio, I presume that I don't need to run any additional wires through from the doors to the a-pillar like Jizza did, I just replace existing tweeters and crossovers using existing wires?

Also any advice on replacing the sub, is this just a straightforward swap?

Also how much dynamat should I use? Front doors only?

I have never attempted anything like this before - wish me luck :()

Jake.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 23d

You're in bad luck if you think premium sound has upgraded wiring, sorry fella. Just run some through its not hard and you'll appreciate it afterwards :) much better than the crap they put in standard! Haha

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 10m 23d

Is the Inbuilt amp on the ICC good and powerful enough to run aftermarket speakers and a Sub or will you benefit hugely from aftermarket amp?

Thing is I'm considering keeping the factory ICC but replacing the speakers in door and sub with another one and hoping to get clear sound even when turned up quite a bit,

but not absolutely blaring.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 3d

I ran a 15 off the factory amp in my ba, and it cranked tbh...

any good aftermarket speaker will be a big improvement over the factory ones. if you are not using an external amplifier get the sensitivity/db rating as high as you can. usually 95 or over. the higher that number, the more volume you will get from the speaker for the power it is fed.

dont worry about power ratings as the icc will only feed 20wrms (if your lucky) to the speakers.

if not soundproofing, then AT LEAST get some underbody tar and spray the inside of the door panel behind where the speaker will go.

this will add some 'weight' to the panel, and will give a far less tinny sound compared to the speaker firing against a tin sheet...