Fg Speaker Install - Pics And Notes Included

Jizza

• Member For: 15y 9m 17d

3 screws behind the plastic (alloy or carbon look) that sits around the door release. (careful not to snap the plastic while removing it)

1 screw under the plastic insert in the door handle

a few screws at the bottom of the door.

Pretty sure the rest are plastic clips that will no longer hold properly once you take the door trim off.

• Member For: 14y 11d

3 screws behind the plastic (alloy or carbon look) that sits around the door release. (careful not to snap the plastic while removing it)

1 screw under the plastic insert in the door handle

a few screws at the bottom of the door.

Pretty sure the rest are plastic clips that will no longer hold properly once you take the door trim off.

Yeah careful with the plastic clips......I had my trims off the first few times with no issues at all, then the last time while being "less careful", snapped one of the little buggers in half.

They do hold properly when put back on, unless they get damaged.

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 17y 5m 6d

A nice first attempt, but I think that better results could have been achieved with some MDF rings. The plastic is thin and not exactly resonance free. Any air gaps around the speaker mount will reduce bass, so some closed cell foam might have been handy there too.

This is how I did mine:

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

I still have not perfected the trim panel fit against the speaker mount, the CCF that I applied here as come free I think. I will have to get a bit more serious in this area. Did you sound deaden the panels first?

IMG_0370.jpg

• Member For: 17y 5m 6d

I should add, that you can get the 'Premium' (if you can call it that) A-pillar trims for around $30ea from Ford. They have the built in tweeter grilles for mounting tweeters on Pillars. This is beneficial as it helps to increase PLD (PathLength Delay) and raise the stage height a little.

• 1 month later...
  • Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d

LOL "premium". Worst sound system I have heard in a car for more than 10 years. Can't wait to upgrade it. Great write up though. Very helpful.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...