Fire Extinguisher Install (In Boot)

FOONIN

• Member For: 15y 7m 29d

I got extinguisher and bracket from bunnings in a pack labelled as CAMS approved. Screwed the bracket into the plastic trim on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel (basically beside passengers right knee), its not going anywhere and if I need to get rid of it that panel is cheap to replace. A bracket that comes off the seat rails would be ideal but I didnt have the time or skills to sort one out.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7d

Mine does block the seat from moving forward BUT I knew it was going to and since the seat rarely moves, it suits me. If on the odd chance someone is in the back, if they whinge, they can walk :)

Excuse the pics. I just had some weird plant in the front and bark and crap went everywhere. Also notice theres $2 hidden under the seat lol. Gives you an idea I guess.

Bah, image shack cracked the poos.

Once photobucket is back online, I'll throw em on there

Edited by Mat

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7d

In my WRX the extinguisher sat at an angle in the same spot but in the taxi it sits flat. It sits low enough so that when you sit down, you dont notice its there. Its in an easy to get to spot. If I wanted to remove the trim, I could have had it angled. Apparently the foam or whatever it is in them, removes fingerprints left behind on various surfaces (ie a crime scene...). I do know that we had some guys in high school who emptied several over the ovals and it destroyed the lawn lol.

072.jpg

073.jpg

071.jpg

070.jpg

Definitely needs a good clean!

Edited by Mat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 21d

Heres the results. I made an alloy bracket to support the bracket and stop the bottle from sliding out. The plastic is a decent grade so shouldnt break. The seat slides over the FE with alot of room to spare.

post-35221-127338634281_thumb.jpg

post-35221-127338635478_thumb.jpg

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 21d

only problem is you need power to open boot..on the other hand if someone really hits you hard from behind it may rupture the FE...thus saving you a job :buttonit:

Edited by osonvs

• Member For: 15y 8m 24d

16052010831.jpg

16052010830.jpg

This is where I put mine! Guys here have spoken about rear end collisions! I have put it here so that if boot is jammed shut it can still be accessed from either side of the car!

My belief is also if your hit in the back hard enough the boot pops open most of the times!