Fg Ute Axle Tramp

Guest Slash

• Member For: 14y 1m 14d

Heya Deebs,

Originally it had SSL in the front with reset rears (SSL height so I actually raised it to Super Lows. My CV is fine but I don't give it a super hard time, with that I mean I still have fun and wear out the rear tyres, but I don't load the driveline up to ridiculous levels. When you start doing that things will simply break. A mate of mine used to rev his car at 4K and side his foot sideways off the clutch, and then wondered why the axles keep breaking :dontknow:

Having said that, I do acknowledge the CV appears to be the weakpoint for the ZF equipped Utes.

Thanks for that mate, good to hear yours have held up so far. Out of curiosity how many km's have you done roughly since it was lowered?

Also from what I've read it's not the power that breaks the CV's/Tailshafts it's when the angle is changed the problems arise. Read a few post of guys who were towing or even had a big load in the tub and had it go on them, and their car was stock. But I understand what you mean by not testing out there limits, so to speak.

• Member For: 14y 6m 11d

Thanks for that mate, good to hear yours have held up so far. Out of curiosity how many km's have you done roughly since it was lowered?

Also from what I've read it's not the power that breaks the CV's/Tailshafts it's when the angle is changed the problems arise. Read a few post of guys who were towing or even had a big load in the tub and had it go on them, and their car was stock. But I understand what you mean by not testing out there limits, so to speak.

I bought the ute at 5300 Kms, it was lowered then and raised it to SL height at about the 20K mark. I do a lot of dirtbiking and camping etc, lots of times it has had 2 full size bikes in the back with gear, still going strong so far :surrenderwave:

• Member For: 14y 1m 14d

I bought the ute at 5300 Kms, it was lowered then and raised it to SL height at about the 20K mark. I do a lot of dirtbiking and camping etc, lots of times it has had 2 full size bikes in the back with gear, still going strong so far :surrenderwave:

So right now it has super lows on the front and reset leaves at the back. Done about 10k in that state, and you carry a lot of stuff around in it? Seems the newer utes may have been 'fixed/altered' and a stronger CV put in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 5m 26d

when my ute was new it never tramped, then the tramp started and over time it has gotten worse and worse....not so bad on the street but the track its just crap...I put it down to the shocks and springs being a bit floged out altho its only got 60kks on the clock....so tramp on a newy is pretty crap...mc donald brothers racing make caltracks but $700 also some decent shocks are meant to help that's what they use on the v8 brut utes but there $800 a pair. king springs super lows are also crap cos they have a thinner top leave compared to the standard it twists up easier to causes the tramp...

Ford have underated springs, FG 6T ute load can carry 540Kg as said by Ford (sales guy told me 750kg), my dealer has said I have 500Kg load but my guards rub in driveway at 20000 kms and didn't at 10000 kms (no load change), dealer offered 1 ton shocks (how will this affect ride height) but I asked for reset and extra leaf, sorry we have 1 ton shocks in stock and will do that under warranty but not reset and extra leaf spring. Then was told that to measure ride height dealer will take off canopy, empty ute and see unloaded ride height, yes trying to work through problem but it is my work car. Has anyone had this experiance? Is this a bad dealership, or is Ford correct and a ute rated at 540Kg is shagged within 20000kms carring 500Kg (apparently).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

My new fg f6 tramps quiet alot as well, especially when I use launch on sticky roads like hotmix... im looking at getting tramp rods asap! ive only done 2500kms and it seems to only do it in straight lines and spapping it into second hard.... are there tramp rods avaliable for the fg?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 2m 28d

My new fg f6 tramps quiet alot as well, especially when I use launch on sticky roads like hotmix... im looking at getting tramp rods asap! ive only done 2500kms and it seems to only do it in straight lines and spapping it into second hard.... are there tramp rods avaliable for the fg?

yeah mate, pretty sure mal wood does top mounted tramp rods and aussiemusclecars.com sell them as well (low mount)

• 11 months later...
  • Jamie
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 24d

Anybody had any luck with this ? Its becoming ridiculous. 438rwkw and still tramping like a trampoline.