Fg Ute Axle Tramp

Guest Slash

• Member For: 15y 10m 22d

Im finding it wont tramp now that I have worn alot of the tread down. 3rd still tramps and 2nd tramps in a straight line but slides plenty well... I would like to get some decent tyres once these are worn, I assume my tramps issues will only get worse with better quailty tyres.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 8m 3d

I have a fg xr6t lowerd on 20s and I dont get any axle tramp with mine I have king springs when they fitted the springs they have cut the bump stops a bit so under hard throtle the back end had room to move not bounce on the diff mayb that helps .

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 15y 10m 22d

Na man, I havent had my ute for alot of the time. Has spent a fair bit at fords for lots of driveline issues. Im not changing anything on the car untill its all fixed. My dealers being a *beep* and I dont want anything biting me on the bum. Car might not tramp once the new diff goes in, if it doesnt ill spend the cash on engine mods. Cant wait for tax... :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Suspended
  • Member For: 15y 7m 28d

when my ute was new it never tramped, then the tramp started and over time it has gotten worse and worse....not so bad on the street but the track its just crap...I put it down to the shocks and springs being a bit floged out altho its only got 60kks on the clock....so tramp on a newy is pretty crap...mc donald brothers racing make caltracks but $700 also some decent shocks are meant to help that's what they use on the v8 brut utes but there $800 a pair. king springs super lows are also crap cos they have a thinner top leave compared to the standard it twists up easier to causes the tramp...

• Member For: 14y 6m 10d

09 FGT ute with ZF @ 30K Kms. Lowered with King Super lows all round and stock shocks..

I haven't had axle tramp once yet.. that includes letting her rip with the traction off... it just slides around nice and smooth...

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

when my ute was new it never tramped, then the tramp started and over time it has gotten worse and worse....not so bad on the street but the track its just crap...I put it down to the shocks and springs being a bit floged out altho its only got 60kks on the clock....so tramp on a newy is pretty crap...mc donald brothers racing make caltracks but $700 also some decent shocks are meant to help that's what they use on the v8 brut utes but there $800 a pair. king springs super lows are also crap cos they have a thinner top leave compared to the standard it twists up easier to causes the tramp...

I think you've been poorly informed there - Kings run a reverse eye design that counter acts leaf wind up by keeping the camber in the leaf and lowering the vehicle at the same time.

$800 for a set of bilsteins is pretty extreme too - we manage the Team Ice Breaker racing utes suspension when they are in sydney and I can tell you $800 for a pair of street car shocks is extreme...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 1m 13d

09 FGT ute with ZF @ 30K Kms. Lowered with King Super lows all round and stock shocks..

I haven't had axle tramp once yet.. that includes letting her rip with the traction off... it just slides around nice and smooth...

You had any CV/tailshaft problems with it? I was under the impression the only kit really reliable (meaning not exploding CV's) was the Herrod one. How have the super lows gone for you mate?

• Member For: 14y 6m 10d

You had any CV/tailshaft problems with it? I was under the impression the only kit really reliable (meaning not exploding CV's) was the Herrod one. How have the super lows gone for you mate?

Heya Deebs,

Originally it had SSL in the front with reset rears (SSL height so I actually raised it to Super Lows. My CV is fine but I don't give it a super hard time, with that I mean I still have fun and wear out the rear tyres, but I don't load the driveline up to ridiculous levels. When you start doing that things will simply break. A mate of mine used to rev his car at 4K and side his foot sideways off the clutch, and then wondered why the axles keep breaking :surrenderwave:

Having said that, I do acknowledge the CV appears to be the weakpoint for the ZF equipped Utes.