Car Services In The West

TUFXRT6

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 29d

I am looking for a place to get my car serviced in the Western Suburbs. I traditionally take my car Bings in Footscray but lately the cost has increased & the level of service has fallen away (personal opinion & think it has to do with the expiry of my warranty).

Soo if anyone knows of a place to get my car serviced in the Western Suburbs that can deliever quality service at a resonable price im all ears.

Regards

TUFXRT6 :Doh:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 23d

The service manager at Binks in Footscray is an acquaintance of mine, and I think he'd be disappointed to know you've stopped getting your car serviced there because of cost and service level issues. Maybe you should give him a call and discuss it.

I would have thought now its out of warranty they'd be jumping all over you.

If you still want a Ford dealer, the Binks in Deer Park is pretty good. I can't fault the manager there or his reception/office staff... Guys on the floor have a bit to learn, but that's pretty much all Ford dealers.

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 9m 1d

I think its worth making the trip over this side of the city! Mick @ Pitlane in frankston is the way to go! You only go every few months or whatever. So travel an hour :P Well worth the weight in gold. No offence but I wouldnt trust anyone in the western suburbs! lol

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d

I bought my car from, and was getting it serviced at Westpoint Ford. They seemed pretty good and it was close to where I was working.

I've had 2 issues though, well 3 I guess.

They are hopeless at finding warranty issues when I mention them. I have had a couple of small issues and when I get the car back its like "oh we couldnt find it."

Second, I have had a knock in the rear since 20k. They claim they cant find it and I know when it gets to 100k on the odo, it will miraculously be diagnosed.

But third and most important.

I asked them to check the turbo oil feed filter. The SERVICE MANAGER told me there was no such thing and the only oil filter was the engine oil filter.

In any case, my car now has a Nizpro Stage 2+ kit and I wouldnt trust them with it unless its a window winder or electrical issue. The only place I would take it would be Nizpro for no other reason other than they basically did all the mods. (Plus Ive pretty much blown my engine warranty anyway)

Its a shame theres no one like them or Pit Lane etc in the west.

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 15d

+1 (or rather, -1!) for Westpoint. Had an issue with them which really was for the most miniscule little thing but handled incredibly poorly, still dealing with said Service Manager as we speak on the matter.

On a separate matter, they failed to make sure they pulled the seat-belt plug back through after fixing the fuel gauge issue which I didn't notice until I had a back seat full of kids. Sure it is again only a little thing but if it is indicative of attention to detail, and if God forbid something had happened before fixing it...

My car is stock so I take it to my mechanic in Richmond. He assures me he knows what he's looking at (and who am I to know any different?!) and I've had a long relationship with him. If/when I start modding though I dare say I'll take it elsewhere but while it is stock I'm happy enough with him.

He is convenient as I work in the city so it is easy enough to drop off in the morning and I don't miss a whole day of work having to wait in Werribee to drop off to Westpoint at 7:30am as I would basically lose 3 hours (in total at the start and end) of additional travel time/leaving early etc.

• Donating Members

I bought my car from, and was getting it serviced at Westpoint Ford. They seemed pretty good and it was close to where I was working.

I wouldn't pi$$ on them if they were on fire.

They spent more time damaging my last car under warranty than fixing it. The only time a decent job was done was when a certain tech worked on it, because his sister works with me, and he recognised my car and thought he'd do me a favor when he could. I ended up taking it to Sunford in Sunbury to get all the bad work undone and fixed properly.

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d

that's fair enough Arm. Its sad when the sales and service don't work together well. But then the sales guys always promise you whte world and give you an atlas.

My worst experience by far was with Hyundai service though. Put car in for a wheel brearing under warranty and got it back witht he steering wheel about 75 degrees out of wack.

Then I asked them to do a tyre rotation and the NATIONAL service manager tried to tellme that on a front whell drive car, the rear wheels had worn more than the front.

I asked him if I could borrow a mirror to see if I had D1ckhead tatooed on my forhead.

Best thing they ever did was to bascially deregulate the service criteria whereby you can get you car serviced elsewhere and it shouldn't affect your warranty. I'll stand corrected and its probably a dealer by dealer thing but that was my understanding.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 29d

Thanks for the tips boys & keep them coming, I really didnt want to start any "service Bashing". I agree with Rudiger that it would be really nice to have a Nizpro, Pitlane etc in the Western Suburbs.

Regards

TUFXRT6 :bangcomputer:

• Donating Members

that's fair enough Arm. Its sad when the sales and service don't work together well. But then the sales guys always promise you whte world and give you an atlas.

I never bought my car there, I just used them for servicing as they were close. The arguments I had with those dicks, I cant believe they are still in business.

The then service manager thought I was asking too much that when I bought my car in they diagnose and fix the problem, and not to do scratch or damage the car in the process. I was put in the horror customer basket. He never returned a call and when they rang to get a "satisfaction survey", I gave them my comments and was promised return calls by the service manager... But he never rang.

I remember the first time I took it back after the official warranty expired. Service manager greeted me nicely, popped the car up the hoist, rattled off a stack of problems. He musta thought it was his day trying to screw me over. I then popped out the extended warranty book that the dealership and Ford suggested I buy and just said "cool, its still got 2 years warranty via this, get fixing". Boy did his face fall.

Out of curiosity, who was the service manager you dealt with regarding the turbo line filter comment?