Security Remote / Ba T Stopped Working

Full Monty

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 17d

What tabmeister says :roflmbo:

Less than 2 min to do both key remotes (original re-trained and the new one from eBay - thanks Shrekus mate :thumbsup: ) You only need one working key to train the key pad remotes.

From page 97 Ford BA manual with my additional observations whilst doing it.

To train keypads

[Old keypads are removed from the system memory during the training procedure. Ensure all keypads are available to be retrained at the same time - old and new with you in the car.]

1. Switch the ignition from OFF to the ACC position.

2. Press the rear window demister buttone 3 times within 5 seconds. The door locks will cycle to indicate that the system is in training mode. If it does not do it the first time, turn ignition back to OFF and try again - I had to try again as nothing happened first time.

3. Press any button on the keypad to be trained. I pressed the Unlock button to do this. The door locks will cycle to indicate that the keypad has been retrained.

[The first keypad trained will result in one door lock cycle - they all go down then up. The second keypad will result in two door lock cycles, etc. Funny thing was I think it only cycled once for 2nd keypad - but not 100% sure - both keypads work though.]

4. Repeat Step 3 for all other keypads to be trained.

5. Turn the ignition OFF. The door locks will cycle to indicate that the training mode has been exited.

:beerchug:

• Like 2

• Member For: 11y 11m 5d

Hey guys,

See these remotes almost on a daily basis in my business. These and the Magna remotes must be made in the same place. They both have the same stupid little battery holder that sits up off the chip board held by only two tiny solder points. 90% of these remotes that come in for a new battery have at least one of these solders that are broken, and a battery with full charge. The folded paper/cardboard works great if only one solder is broken, its a pain if both have gone but if you can get it to sit right it will work. With mine (not broken) I have put a little piece of foam on the battery to fill the space so hopefully it stops them breaking if dropped or whatever.

Cheers