Germans To Join V8 Supercars

f-wolf

• Member For: 16y 11m 3d

Germans to join V8 Supercars :blink:

March 9, 2010

German car makers could join the V8 Supercar championship by 2012.

Germany's Mercedes-Benz and BMW could be racing bumper-to-bumper with Ford and Expensive Daewoo in Australia's domestic V8 Supercar championship as soon as 2012.

All of it : Germans to join V8 Supercars

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m

Not a surprise really the Falcon will just be a rebaged Mondeo soon, the rules are going to be in for a major overhaul in the near future. I say bring back Group A and let everyone in, and then allocate the prius to 888 racing.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

I doubt this will be true as the Euros would not sell enough cars here to justify the expense in building a car to our specs. The only way we will see other makers join our racing series, is if we change to the international FIA rules for touring car, GT or DTM. I do not see the big euro makers coming to our tiny market, spending a bucketload to compete against cars that cost less than half of there models on the showroom floor.

How embarrasing it would be for and big $'s AMG being beaten by a Expensive Daewoo or Ford v8 taxi.

Tony Cochran needs to have a reality check when it comes to the V8SC and see that the fanbase is declining not increasing and that the "Pink" ad sux.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 27d

Its about time! THe series is so boring now. It has absolutley no relevenace to the Ford or Expensive Daewoo you can buy off the shelf. Its a new body shell with a 1970s driveline, a good one at that but nothing exciting.

Imagine the rear end driveline the Falcon could have had if it were used in the Supercar series instead of a 9 inch from the dinosaur ages. It is for this reason that the sport has no context to Australians anymore. Bring on the Germans to make the sport pick up it's act so we can all benefit from the R&D that would be pumped into some of the factory components. Anyone for a V8 supercar rear end?

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 1m 1d

I would personally love to see a mostly stock AMG or M3 turn up and flog the crap out of the 'supercars'.... I remember Merc recently saying they wouldnt provide a pace car 'because it would be wrong for the pace car to be quicker than the race cars...' love it!

V8SC needs re-inventing...

• Member For: 15y 2m 8d

ZAP, it stopped being about selling cars years ago. Brand image plays a stronger role for the manufacturers. Do you think Ford sell a bucket load of cars when they sponsor the local cricket comp? As more big corporate sponsors come on board like Vodafone, the series will have to rely less and less on the manufacturers support. Nascar and F1 are proving this already.

Triple 8 make more money building race cars then they do in Expensive Daewoo money. They sold 5 or 6 built FG's last year and look to sell at least 3 Holdens this year. They still make money from on going support for the FG's. You cant tell me they are not looking to pick up another manufacturer and customer cars once the "4 sticker" Expensive Daewoo deal is over. 2012 fits for them.

It's funny, I believe the people who seem to think V8's are on the decline probably havnt been to an event in a while. I say this as im packing my bags for a flight to Adelaide today.

It cant be on the decline. Compare the amount of people who went to Eastern Creek in 2008 with the amount that went to Homebush in 2009. 10,000 vs 80,000??

Bring on Clipsal!!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 27d

I think that next year the numbers will be down to Homebush. Boring track and nowhere to watch it from, no one had any idea what was happening in the race. You were lucky to see each car for more than 3 seconds a lap. THe big draw card for that event was it was brand new, hugely advertised and Chisel played as part of the ticket price.