Xr6 Turbo Ecu Choice?

tufgia

• Member For: 14y 7m 27d

Hey guys I am currently building an xf drift car that will be powered by a xr6 turbo engine, I'm currently trying to figure out what ecu to use, I can pick up a wolf 3d with hand controller for prettycheap, just wanted to know if any one was using one or if any one new of if it can run with this motor fine.

• Member For: 15y 2m 22d

Probably be easier to stick with the standard ECU rather then going down the aftermarket line. A flash tuner has been tried and tested in many cars and really doesn't need to be replaced.

Keep us updated on the build :icon_ford:

Edited by BensXR6T

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

it would be a mammoth task to install ALL the required electronics to run a factory ecu. You would basically need a whole car to transplant it from

Im a big fan on the wolf ecu's, have been playing with them for years

EF Falcon with a wolf ecu:

WOLF3D Version 4 Dealer Tech 9.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 7d

hey I got bf xr6t ecu u can own it for 350... cheeper option than buying new :buttrock:

Will a BF xr6t ecu plug into a BA mark 2 xr6 without any issues? Do I even need a t ecu if im doing a conversion to my xr6 or can I just utilize the stock xr ecu? If not I might grab that ecu off you bud.

Stu

Edited by 383ongiggle

• Member For: 15y 2m 22d

You can use the stock ecu, but will have to get the car towed to ford or a tuner for the correct tune to be uploaded. BF ECU will not work with a BA, won't talk to the BEM.

• Member For: 18y 4m 9d

So much missinformation here. If you go to the right tuner all you need to do is turn of the PATS(Passive anti theft system) in the ECU and it will no longer look for the body control to make sure it has a valid key.

All you need is a standard BF ECU and harness and talk to Chiptorque as they have done this conversion before. A much better option than wolf and much cheaper. PM me if you need help - I know what wiring changes need to be done.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 9d

Yeah, dollar for dollar it would work out cheapest for the DIYer to use the stock ford pcm & wiring... its not too hard to follow a loom and figure out which wires and sensors go where. Then once your done, use the stock tune to get it up and running... then do the finaly edit tuning when its all sorted.